[BUG] Changing 1password shortcut in Opera crashes instantly

Limboistik
Limboistik
Community Member
edited June 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there,

Recently installed the new Opera browser, and after installing 1password as a Chrome Extension to Opera, I was trying to change the shortcut to open 1Password, and as soon as you click into the keyboard shortcut field, it will instantly crash the browser.

Also, the download page for the Opera browser extension doesn't work, it doesn't prompt a download: https://1password.com/browsers/opera/

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Limboistik! Welcome to the forum!

To make sure I can properly reproduce this, can you please confirm what version of Opera you are currently running?

Also, you are trying this using 1Password X, correct?

• Limboistik
    Limboistik
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana yes I am using 1Password X.

Opera is Version:60.0.3255.151

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Limboistik – thanks for the report! I was able to reproduce the behavior, and we've got it reported to the team. :)

ref: x/b5x#520

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi again @Limboistik! After discussing this with my team and testing it a little more extensively, I think I found where our issue lies. Opening the extensions keyboard shortcut page from 1Password X's Settings directs you to the incorrect page (opera://extensions/shortcuts). While that's the correct page in Chrome, Opera's differs slightly. When I went to Opera's extensions keyboard shortcut page (opera://settings/keyboardShortcuts), I was able to made adjustments to 1Password X's keyboard shortcut. I hope that helps!

• Limboistik
    Limboistik
    Community Member

Thanks @kaitlyn

You guys might wanna take a look at the Opera download page too as mentioned in my first post. It doesn’t work and I had to hunt around for a download link.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Aw yes I didn't mean to skip that point! The download link you mentioned in your original post is actually for the 1Password extension rather than 1Password X. You'll have to use the link for the 1Password X Chrome download in Opera, and you should see the "Add to Opera" button appear. :)

This discussion has been closed.