Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 - "Unlocked"

chandykarthik
chandykarthik
Community Member

I have installed the 1Password App on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and after the setup and login, I only see the "Unlocked" option. There is no access to any of vaults etc.

1Password Version: 7.1.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.1.0
Sync Type: 1Password online

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chandykarthik: Can you elaborate? What "unlocked option" are you referring to? Are you able to access your data by signing into your account on 1Password.com in your web browser?

• chandykarthik
    chandykarthik
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chandykarthik: That's not normal. Please restart your device and see if that helps.

Also, please let me know if you are able to access your data by singing into 1Password.com in your browser. Thanks!

• chandykarthik
    chandykarthik
    Community Member

When I need credentials to access a site on a browser, I am able to enter the 1Password master password and then access the required credentials. However, if I open the 1Password app directly and try to login, I only see the "Unlocked" screen. The screenshot is attached above.
    On other devices like MAC, Windows, iPhone I can directly open the app and access the vault.

FYI.. The Samsung tablet has been rebooted a few times and I have also tried reinstalling the app.
    Thanks,
    Karthik

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2023

@chandykarthik: Thanks for letting me know. We're not getting reports like this from anyone else, so I wonder why it doesn't work only on your device. So we can get some more information, please use this link from your device:

Edit: (Removed link to prevent confusion. Please start a new discussion.)

And then generate a diagnostic report if you can so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#PXW-14734-159]

If you’re reading this and you are not chandykarthik, this Support ID is for chandykarthik only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: PXW-14734-159

• chrishayd
    chrishayd
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Hi,
    same problem here.
    Samsung Tab S4.
    Locking on same screen.
    several reboots and reinstalls did not solve the problem
    WLAN-sync after installation works without any problem
    til last week everything worked fine

Is there any way out?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2023

@chrishayd: I'm not sure what would prevent 1Password from loading normally on your device, but we'll be happy to investigate. Please use this link from your device:

edit: removed link to prevent confusion from those reading the topic.

And then generate a diagnostic report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#ZQN-12589-823]

If you’re reading this and you are not chrishayd, this Support ID is for ** chrishayd** only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Thanks in advance!

ref: PXW-14734-159

• chrishayd
    chrishayd
    Community Member

Did not work, because 1password did not open.
    sticking in "entsperrt" / "unlocked"

• Hi @chrishayd. Can you let us know what version of Android your device is running and what version of 1Password you have installed? Also, you mentioned that you're syncing using the WLAN server and are able to unlock after the first installation. Could you try reinstalling, syncing again, and then enabling a PIN code in 1Password's settings? Are you able to unlock with the PIN?

• chrishayd
    chrishayd
    Community Member

Hi peri,
    tanks for your answer,
    I managed to produce a diagnostics report now.
    After several trys to stop the app manually in settings-apps it worked.
    but was locked later again :-(
    Report was send by your request link.

i'm looking forward to your solution :-))

• Thanks! We'll be in touch over email!

• arsca
    arsca
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. After correct login it stays on [unlocked] on GUI.
    Android: 8.1.0
    Device: Samsung Tab A
    1Password version: 7.1.4 [Playstore]

--- update ---

I have noticed that when after login I swing the tab from vertical -> horizontal position, suddenly the GUI opens correctly without any further actions.

• Hi @chrishayd and @arsca. We're looking into this issue on our end and we're exploring whether the issue is related to using a hardware keyboard. From the photo that @chandykarthik posted above, it appears that a hardware keyboard was in use in that particular case. Could you let me know whether you are also using a hardware keyboard when you encounter this issue? If so, could you check to see if you encounter the issue when using the software keyboard on your device instead?

• arsca
    arsca
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Hi @mverde, actually I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard. So these are the results of my latest tests:
    1) Without hw keyboard works ok.
    2) With the hw keyboard the problem as described before: Only swithcing the position of the Samsung Pad A between Horiz <-> Vertical refreshes the GUI and wokrs correctly.

• Thanks for confirming those details for me @arsca! Assuming the same is true for @chrishayd, then I think we should have enough information to identify the root cause of the issue.

• chandykarthik
    chandykarthik
    Community Member

Hi @mverde
    I can confirm that if I hold the tablet in a vertical position without the hardware keyboard attached, the problem goes away.

Thank you. That will be a work-around for now.
    Karthik

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helps a bit. We'll see what we can do. :)

This discussion has been closed.