No login option for Mac Desktop App (MacOS 10.14.5)

jamesfritz
jamesfritz
Community Member

Hi there,

I am having problems logging into 1password on my desktop mac. I am running the latest version 7.2.6 downloaded from the Mac App Store.

When I try and login to the app, I am not given an option to enter my login information. Going to account > signin from the menu is greyed out. When I go to preferences > accounts, I can't click on the plus to add my account information. Everything works fine on my iPhone or in the browser version. The exact same behavior happens if I install the app directly from 1password.com.

This has been happening for a few months now and I keep updating 1password hoping that the next update will fix the issue. I finally decided to make a forum account to ask for assistance.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OX 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jamesfritz: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you've already setup the app some other way, or you'd be getting a welcome screen like this to get started:

So you'd choose "Already have a membership? Sign in" and use your 1Password membership account right off the bat. If you need to, you can reset the app. That won't affect any data in saved in your account, and you'll have a clean slate to sign into it to setup the app.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jamesfritz
    jamesfritz
    Community Member

Thank you Brently. Resetting the app solved my issue. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jamesfritz, on behalf of brenty, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.