Unable to save documents into team 1Password account, "Document did not upload"

Options
MickByrne
MickByrne
Community Member
edited June 2019 in Mac

When I try to add a document to my shared 1Password vault, the upload fails with a system alert dialog with the text that reads simply:

"Document upload did not complete"

The vault selector on the newly created item reverts to my 'Private' vault. Any attempt to edit the item and switch to our shared vault fails with the same error.

This is a major flaw and if I can't get this resolved, then we'll need to switch to another password vault.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (70300020) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi @MickByrne! Welcome to the forum!

Just for confirmation: is this happening only in your Shared vault? If you try to upload this document directly to your Private vault, does the process complete without errors?

The reason I ask is that, if this is the case, this could be permissions-related, if you don't have the proper permissions to edit the Shared vault.

• MickByrne
    MickByrne
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the question. Yes, this problem only occurs when I'm attempting to upload a document into a shared vault. When I upload a document into my private vault, there's no problem.

So we are on the 'Teams' plan, currently with 10 members in the team. I'm actually in the 'Owners' group in this team and for the vault in question I have the 'Allow Managing' permission. When I go in to the web admin interface for our team, I'm marked as having 'Full Access' for the vault that I'm having issues with.

This set up has been working for years and only started to become a problem about 2 weeks ago.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MickByrne! I suspect this is indeed related to the authentication failure you posted about in your other thread; as I indicated there, I'll reach out to you shortly via email to continue the conversation, as we'll likely need to dive into the details of your specific setup.

• MickByrne
    MickByrne
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks John, followed up via email.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MickByrne, on behalf of John, you are very welcome! Thank you for the update, we have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible :)

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.