Where did the password generator go? [Still there; click "+ New Password" button]

Options
2»

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @keitherrington

I wouldn't blame you if you haven't read every word of what is becoming a rather long thread, but I'd suggest fully reading the post by Ana just above yours. It directly answers the question that you're asking. While the wording / location has changed slightly the process is still the same as it has always been.

Ben

• keitherrington
    keitherrington
    Community Member
    Options

I have just spent 20 minutes of my time trying to find this - and I too am confused by the lack of any explanation on how the new system for generating passwords is supposed to work. I liked the simplicity of the old password generator , and I liked that you could use it for other things too and in ANY circumstance - even when iPassword didn't detect a password field or when using another application on your computer.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2019
    Options

In any event this thread has gotten way off topic. It was originally about 1Password v7.2, then 1Password X, and now we're discussing v7.3, all of which have the password generator in different spots and with different options. That is seemingly only causing further confusion and frustration. The first few posts here are either not relevant to 1Password for Mac, or not relevant to the latest version of 1Password for Mac. To (hopefully) avoid fueling any further confusion and frustration I'm going to close this thread.

If you are using 1Password X and have a question or issue with the password generator, please start a thread in that category.

If you have a question or issue with 1Password for Mac, after reading Ana's most recent post here, please start a thread here.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.