1Password X won't open

This discussion was created from comments split from: Doesn't work. Chrome extension will not open..

Comments

• lanierb
    lanierb
    Community Member

Same problem. 1PasswordX on Chrome on Windows 10. (1password extension works fine so I've reverted to that.) Tried removing and reinstalling extension, and also removing and reinstalling chrome, and also rebooting PC.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @lanierb! Could you let me know what version of 1Password X and Chrome you're running so I can try to reproduce it myself?

• lanierb
    lanierb
    Community Member

Hi Kaitlyn- sorry for the delay. So for some reason I came into work today and it is now working! Was there a server issue last week? Chrome is 75.0.3770.80 1passwordx is 1.15.2 Last week it wouldn't open - it would just stall at signing in. Now it is working. Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@lanierb – I'm glad to hear things are back up and running for you! We haven't had any server issues that I'm aware of, so I can't really explain the issue you were experiencing. If it comes up again, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Also worth noting that a server issue wouldn't prevent you from unlocking 1Password locally. You'd only need to connect to the server to sign in the first time, or to sync changes. Cheers! :)

• lanierb
    lanierb
    Community Member

brenty: 1passwordx always connects to the server I think (1password does not)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lanierb: No, it doesn't. Not since we added the local cache last year. Just to make sure we hadn't broken something though, I just cutoff my internet, opened Chrome, and unlocked 1Password X. But you can try it yourself if you don't believe me. ;)

This discussion has been closed.