Master Password required to autofill in ios 12.3.2

sam_one
sam_one
Community Member

1Password for ios on iphone recently prompt to enter master password and not touch id as usual to autofill because according the app my fingerprints have changed.

I tried the steps below as suggest in a forum post:

• Disable Touch ID in 1Password
  • Disable Touch ID on the device and remove all fingerprints
  • Re-enable Touch ID on the device and re-establish your fingerprints
  • Re-enable Touch ID in 1Password

but it doesn’t solve the issue.
Hope someone can help.

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 12.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sam_one!

After following the steps you listed, 1Password will definitely prompt you for your Master Password at least once, because your fingerprints on the device in this case have indeed changed. However, 1Password should show you this message just once. Does this exact same message keep showing up multiple times after you have followed that procedure?

• sam_one
    sam_one
    Community Member

After I do the steps above and enter master password (at the beginning I skipped this step) the message no longer appears.

• Gotcha. Thanks for the update. That is working as intended, then. :+1: :)

Ben

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

I have a similar issue on my iPad and IPhone. Touch ID is working fine on both devices for all other apps. However 1Password continues to ask me to login twice for any website, especially sites that require two steps to insert the username and then the password. This issue occurs on all of the Agilebits sites too. Signing into 1P 2-4 times every time I want to do something on a password protected account is Very frustrating.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AMCarter3,

This issue occurs on all of the Agilebits sites too.

Can you please give us an example of such a website, and the exact steps you are following so we can try to reproduce the issue here?

1Password continues to ask me to login twice for any website, especially sites that require two steps to insert the username and then the password.

If you are logging in to a website such as this, it's normal to be prompted twice, since you are doing this on two different pages.

• alixreza
    alixreza
    Community Member

Hi
    Same issue here.
    I didn't use 1Password for long time and yesterday I try to open the app and touch ID didn't work.
    I'm so unfortunate because I forgot my master password too.
    Is there any way to recover my password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alixreza: The Master Password is needed to decrypt the data since that's what you used to encrypt it. Unless you told someone else what it is, only you would ever know the Master Password. So it isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Please let me know how it turns out.

This discussion has been closed.