Firefox: Changed opening Shortcut not working

Options

I recently moved from Chrome to Firefox and wanted to change the shortcut to the default shortcut used in Chrome (Ctrl + Shift + X). After changing it the Window is not opening when pressing it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 11.15.2
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @chris5790 – welcome to the forum! I just gave it a try (granted I'm on macOS), and the command-shift-X shortcut is working well for me in Firefox. I'm wondering if you have any other extensions that are using the same keyboard shortcut. To test it out, you can create a brand new profile in Firefox and only install 1Password X. From there, change the keyboard shortcut to control-shift-X and let me know if it works for you.

• chris5790
    chris5790
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I just created a new profile and installed 1PW X, changed the shortcut, but the shortcut still isn't working. From what I discovered Ctrl + Shift + X is a default shortcut from Firefox that's shifting the address bar to the right when focused.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chris5790 – I see! I'm noticing the same when I have my cursor in the URL bar or any text field and use the keyboard shortcut command-shift-X. However, when I click somewhere on the page not inside a text field and use the same keyboard shortcut, it opens up the 1Password X popup for me. We originally went with command/control-period for the shortcut in Firefox to avoid conflict with an existing shortcut. While command-shift-X is working for me when my cursor isn't in a text field, that's likely when you'll want to invoke 1Password X, so it's probably not the best shortcut. Do you have another extension that's taking over control-period or would you just prefer control-shift-X so that it matches Chrome?

• chris5790
    chris5790
    Community Member
    Options

It’s just my personal flavor as I’m used to it because I used Chrome until I switched a few weeks ago. Any chance to have the 1PW shortcut overriding other shortcuts? I’m unsure whether the Firefox Plugin API is allowing this.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chris5790 – To be completely honest, I'm not sure that's possible. I haven't found much of a straightforward answer in my Google searches, but perhaps you'll have better luck!

• chris5790
    chris5790
    Community Member
    Options

There was a bug report about this 2 years ago, seems like there is no progress about this yet.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It can be hard to tell about "progress" from the outside, but certainly that seems to be the case in what's currently shipping at least.

This discussion has been closed.