Autofill not working on Firefox since the latest version

Options
Qutrit
Qutrit
Community Member

hello!

Since the latest version of 1password 7 The keyboard shortcut command+\ does not autofill, and instead opens a 1passowrd addon window with a suggestion of indeed the website I am trying to access.

However I really liked the autofill feature that has disappeared rather than having to click on the first suggestion. Is there any way to reactivate this feature?

This was working perfectly in previous versions.

Thank you very much in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Qutrit - I'm sorry for the trouble. I'm not quite sure what you mean, but before we go any farther, can you please tell us:

1. What specific version of macOS you're using
    2. What specific version of 1Password you have installed
    3. What specific version of 1Password extension you have installed in Firefox
    4. What specific version of Firefox you're using
    5. Anything else you think might be relevant to the situation.

Thanks.

• Qutrit
    Qutrit
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for not explaining myself very well! Let me try to be more precise.

In previous versions of 1password 7, I could fill usernames and password on Firefox directly with the 1password extension and the combination cmd + . since the latest version, when I use the combination, instead of filling in the data immediately, the 1password window opens with suggestions, and the first suggestion is indeed the correct one. This is true even for websites where I only have one login so it's not an ambiguity problem. It does it systematically for all websites.

I was wondering if I could make it act like the previous version which applied, for known websites, the login directly without having to go through the intermediate step of selecting from a list of recommendations.

About your questions:

1. macOS 10.14.5
    2. 1password 7.3
    3. Extension version: 4.7.2.90
    4. Firefox 67.0.1 (64-bit)

Hope this is helpful in order to help me! :) Thanks so much in advance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Qutrit:

Thank you for the additional information. I think I have spotted the problem:

Extension version: 4.7.2.90

This version of the browser extension is pretty old now. Can you please try updating it to the latest version (4.7.4), restart your browser, and see if the keyboard shortcut starts working again?

This discussion has been closed.