1Password is not entering data automatically - it just stopped doing it

It has been working well for some time but unexplicably has now stopped entering any data. I am using, and have always, MS Edge. I have re-entered the browser extension. I have closed the software and restarted. I have optimized the database. I have generated a diagnostics report.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 7.2.583
OS Version: OS X Pro Ver 1809 OS Build 17763.529
Sync Type: One Drive
Referrer: forum-search:1Password is not entering data automatically - it just stopped

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ian_turnbull,

Have you emailed us the diagnostic report already? If you did, can you please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible?

Thank you!

• ian_turnbull
    ian_turnbull
    Community Member

Hi Ana

Thanks for the response. I had earlier written direct to 1 Password but hadn't received a response. No I looked to see how I could send the diagnostic report but couldn't see any way. I now see here that I can and so will attach to this response. It would not allow me to attach the file and stated "File format is not allowed". This was an "HTML" format. I converted it to a "PDF" format and got the same result.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ian_turnbull:

I had earlier written direct to 1 Password but hadn't received a response.

Can you let us know that ticket number so we can locate the message in our system? A few minutes after emailing our support email you should have received a message of acknowledgment, which also includes your ticket number.

No I looked to see how I could send the diagnostic report but couldn't see any way. I now see here that I can and so will attach to this response.

I think the forum does not allow you to upload anything that is not an image. But you can attach the report to an email and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com, that will definitely work :)

• ian_turnbull
    ian_turnbull
    Community Member

Hi Ana

It was so long ago and there was no copy given to me. This is something that I abhor when one is forced to submit information on line and then does not get a copy of the submission. Why get a customer to report something and then no copy issued to them to confirm when they sent it. 1 Password should look into this.
    Good customer service should mean having a system which allows them to get confirmation. I seem to also remember that it was hard to find where I could report my problem as it didn't fit any of the standard problems. This is another situation that I have found often occurs because organisations try and fit everything into compartments. This is fine as long as there is also a way of reporting something that doesn't fit into those pre-made compartments.
    These days when competition is so keen it often comes down to who provides the best service rather than who has the best product. I am currently going through this situation with our medical insurer - good product but lousy service. We could soon be changing our medical insurer.
    Ian

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

@ian_turnbull -- I'm sorry for whatever hiccup may have occurred in your specific case, but since you just sent in a new email with your diagnostics report after ag_ana's request, I was able to see that your previous correspondence was just a few days ago, and we did indeed send out a reply to you. You may wish to check your spam or bulk mail folders, as we didn't receive a bounce/rejection notice on that email but you never replied, which makes me think you didn't see the reply. At any rate, apologies for the mix-up, and since we've got your diagnostics report now, let's keep the conversation going via email instead of in multiple points-of-contact at once. Thanks! One of us will be with you shortly via email. Oh, and one last thing:

I now see here that I can and so will attach to this response. It would not allow me to attach the file and stated "File format is not allowed". This was an "HTML" format. I converted it to a "PDF" format and got the same result.

Please don't ever submit confidential, personally-identifying and sensitive information (such as the contents of a diagnostics report) to this public forum, in ANY form, whether image or copy/paste from the original document, unless specifically instructed to do so by one of us. That kind of information should never be available on this forum for your security and privacy.

Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.