1Password not working with (Purple) Safari

ianp
ianp
Community Member

The browser extension doesn't work, and the menubar widget does not work while Safari is the focused app.

I can get it to work again briefly by opening prefs and disabling then re-enabling the extension, but it only seems to work for a very short amount of time (possibly only. on the first website it's used on, but I can't 100% confirm that)

Additional version info: Safari Release 84 (Safari 13.0, WebKit 14608.1.25.2)

Let me know if I can do anything else to help debug this.

Cheers,
Ian.

1Password Version: 7.3 (70300020)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.5 (18F132)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:safari

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ianp! Welcome to the forum!

Just for confirmation: by "Purple Safari" do you mean Safari Technology Preview?

• ianp
    ianp
    Community Member

Yep.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @ianp! I will test this now and get back to you with my results.

• ianp
    ianp
    Community Member

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ianp: I have done some tests, and what I found is this: things seem to work fine over here, if also regular Safari is open. If I close regular Safari, I think I have managed to reproduce your issue quite consistently.

If you want to use Safari Technology Preview, however, you might want to switch to the 1Password Beta channel. Safari Technology Preview is effectively a beta version of Safari, with features that we do not necessarily support in the stable version of 1Password.

If you want to stay on the stable channel of the 1Password app, I recommend also using the stable version of Safari, which we officially support.

• ianp
    ianp
    Community Member

Updating to the beta now, I'll let you know if that fixes it…

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @ianp! Thank you :)

• ianp
    ianp
    Community Member

Yeah, that seems OK now. Thanks for your help @ag_ana !

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ianp - on behalf of ag_ana, you're quite welcome. Glad she was able to help, but definitely let us know if the problem recurs or you need assistance with anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.