Silent Install/Upgrade 1Password 7

Hello,

I have my team on 1Password, but due to software executable restrictions in our environment, the old update method for 1Password 6 can't function without hitting a restriction. I'd like to upgrade my team to 1Password 7 silently and also be able to push out to new team members in the future. I found a few posts on silent pushing for version 6, but wondering what the current best practices are for version 7 for both initial install as well as in-place upgrade.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Business

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mrman5917: Thanks for getting in touch! We're using Innosetup, so you can use their command line options when installing. Custom installation paths are not supported though.

However, this was not designed for the enterprise deployments, that's a separate need and most likely will need a separate installer. If you need to deploy 1Password in an enterprise network, get in touch with us at support+windows@1Password.com and we can provide some suggestions but it is not currently a configuration that we support right now with the 1Password installer. We have plans to either build our own installer or find a better solution to support additional options such as installing to all users, enterprise style of deployment and such. Either way, we're here if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend! :)

• Milter
    Milter
    Community Member

We are using PDQ to deploy 1password the parameter /VERYSILENT works on version 4 however on the newest version 7 it does not work. Actually PDQ reports that it is installed but actually it is not installed.

Do you maybe have some other suggestion ?

• I've actually worked with another customer using PDQ, @Milter, and we managed something that worked well enough, but not perfectly. If you can shoot us an e-mail at support+windows@1password.com, include as much detail as you can about your current deployment strategy in PDQ, and make sure to mention Kate somewhere in your message, that will let my teammates know to track me down. I can take a closer look at see what I can to do to help.

As an FYI, 1Password 7 no longer uses InnoSetup and the latest version to support /verysilent was 7.2, so you may net some improvement solely by deploying that version for now. Your best results will likely come in the next version where we're making some pretty significant installer changes. This isn't something where I can make any specific promises. It's very much a WIP on our end and I can't even guess at when it will be ready or what all will make the cut, but I can say we anticipate some significant changes which will alter the deployment landscape generally.

For now, try 7.2 and see if that helps and send over that e-mail. It'll be easiest to help if I can dig in a bit and keeping things in a more private setting should allow for some easier exchange of info, including screenshots if needed. If you e-mail in, let me know here and I'll take a look as soon as I can. I'm here for another few hours today and if you miss me today, I'll be back Monday and mentioning me by name will make sure your issue is first on my to-do list. :+1:

• Milter
    Milter
    Community Member

Hello @bundtkate can you please instruct me from where I can download v 7.2.

Regarding v 7.3 I will send email with some details.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Milter,

The previous versions of 1Password for Windows are available here. We will be looking forward to your email! Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Milter
    Milter
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Hello @Greg @bundtkate

Can you please give me address for contact? I tried 7.3 7.2 and 7.1 and no luck

For the PDQ, it does not generate any error but there are two logs on target machine that I would like to share

Regards

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Milter,

The address for contact is support+windows@1password.com. Let us know when you send it, so we could track it down on our side. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Milter
    Milter
    Community Member

Sent, in the email is a link to this thread

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Milter: It seems that you used a different email, but I found your emails on our side. We will get back to you via email soon. Thank you again!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: RDQ-97669-384

• Milter
    Milter
    Community Member

Hi @Greg yes that is true, I apologize

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.