1Password mini - why aren't Passwords listed alphabetically?

FragileBits
FragileBits
Community Member

Under the latest software version, when I select the "Passwords" option within 1Password mini, the contents are listed in a seemingly random fashion, which I personally find MOST annoying and unhelpful.

I use this category to access passwords for items including, mostly, spreadsheets (Excel and Numbers). To have them listed in such a random and jumbled fashion makes for MUCH harder mental work than previously when seeking to copy the password for any given spreadsheet (or other item).

How and why have you decided that this is supposedly a better user experience, please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @FragileBits

These are sorted by their last modification date, which for most use cases makes a lot of sense for Password items. I'm sorry it isn't ideal for yours. If you know the name of the item you're looking for is there a reason you're not using the search field to bring up the item?

Ben

• FragileBits
    FragileBits
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

These are sorted by their last modification date, which for most use cases makes a lot of sense for Password items.

Not for me. What is your quantitative evidence for that statement, please? As a long time 1Password user, I have certainly never been asked to state my preference.

That logic makes no sense at all to me.

If you know the name of the item you're looking for is there a reason you're not using the search field to bring up the item?

Yes. I use my mouse, not my keyboard. A use case / user preference that AgileBits seems to routinely disregard on an ongoing basis.

• Thanks for the feedback. :+1: We're still making some minor tweaks to mini; perhaps this is an area in which we can consider further changes.

Ben

• FragileBits
    FragileBits
    Community Member

Can you please give serious and urgent consideration to restoring the original alphabetical listing of stored Passwords?

The current randomly jumbled list is a royal pain in the neck to use. As in, "why am I still using this app"?

If your team's logic (per you previous comment) was that sorting passwords by their last modification date makes a lot of sense for most use cases (and for which, despite my invitation, you haven't provided any evidence), then why haven't you also listed Logins - and every other category - using the same logic?

This is, of course, a facetious / rhetorical question (no offence intended, just seeking to make a point). There is no more reason to list Passwords by last modification date than there is for any other category.

Please restore the original, alphabetical sort order. There is no need to reinvent wheels simply for the sake of it and being seen to do so.

• Thanks for the feedback. I'm not aware of any changes planned for that, specifically, but if there is enough demand for it I'll certainly discuss it further with the team.

Ben

• FragileBits
    FragileBits
    Community Member

Can you please explain where "enough demand" came from for the team to have changed it in the first place?

This discussion has been closed.