Can't login to 1Password after iPhone 12.3.1 upgrade

khutch
khutch
Community Member

I am having similar issues as cajunqueen12 wrote in the "Problems after update to 12.3.1" thread. However, since the conversation went to private email, I'm not sure of the resolution.

I upgraded my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 12.3.1. When I open the 1Password app on the phone, something must have gotten reset, because I now see the "Welcome to 1Password 7" screen (which has never happened before with previous iOS upgrades).

I then tapped on '1Password.com' under the 'Already using 1Password?' heading. The next screen shows "We found 2 accounts". This is expected since I have a personal account and business account. In each account line, the email address and 1Password URL are as expected. In either case, I click the plus sign at the the right, and it prompts me for the 'Master Password'. I entered the master password correctly, and a box pops up saying:
A problem with your sign in
Please check your Master Password or
sign in manually with details from your
Emergency Kit or a signed in device.

Now, I realize the immediate response is that I'm typing it in wrong. I can guarantee you that I'm typing it correctly. I've tried multiple times on both accounts. I'm also typing in the correct master password for each account. I can also verify that my master password works since I'm able to log in via a web browser. I have not changed my email address, master password nor any other configurations recently. The only change was an iOS upgrade.

Please help! I'm not sure what to do. I guess I can delete the 1Password app on my phone and reinstall, but I feel that's the easy way out. Plus, if there really is a bug here somewhere, I'd like to figure it out. If this ever happens when I'm on the road, it would be scary and very inconvenient.

Ken

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Hi Ken,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty here. It sounds like the details in iCloud Keychain may be outdated. If instead of selecting the option to add the existing accounts, if instead you select to add a new account, and then scan the details from a fresh Emergency Kit, does that work?

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Ben

• khutch
    khutch
    Community Member

I tapped on "Add other account", then scanned the QR code from my desktop screen. I then typed in my master password and tapped "Sign In".

Then, a red banner shows up in the middle of the screen saying "1Password database error."

I don't know if this is related, but I don't use iCloud Keychain. In the iPhone settings, in my ID, in "iCloud", the "Keychain" option is "Off".

-Ken

• "1Password database error."

That would also explain why you got the welcome screen, instead of the unlock screen. Hmm. Here is what I would suggest:

1. Please send us a diagnostic report by opening Safari and then going to onepassword://diagnostics in the address bar
    2. Once you've sent the report please delete 1Password for iOS
    3. Reinstall: 1Password for iOS on the App Store

That way we can investigate what happened, and you can hopefully get back up and running.

Ben

• khutch
    khutch
    Community Member

The problem is that Safari pops up asking 'Open this page in "1Password"?' If I tap, "Open", it just brings me to the 1Password welcome screen. Is there any other way I can grab diagnostic info before I delete the app?

• No, unfortunately there is not.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.