1Password Windows not showing attachments

Options

Hi there,

I have 1P on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android, in this case using a Dropbox-sync'd vault.

For whatever reason, my attachments are not showing up in the 1P for Windows client. They show up fine on Mac, iPad and Android - I just double- and triple-checked. I have no idea why, as they showed up in 1Password 4 in the past. Please help?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AgileByte
    AgileByte
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting. I just tapped the attachment in the Android app, and it popped up a window that said "An Error Occurred." I was hoping to save it to a Dropbox or OneDrive and get it on my Windows computer.

I did the same thing on my iPad, and was able to save the attachment to Dropbox (or wherever I wanted).

• Are you certain all of your devices are pointed to the same vault, @AgileByte? I'm wondering if perhaps your vault was converted by one of your apps and those reading the converted vault are the ones not able to access those attachments. If you tap Settings > Sync > Primary > Sync service, do you see an opvault at the end of the filepath under Dropbox or an agilekeychain?

• AgileByte
    AgileByte
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I double checked and it is an opvault sync file. I had to convert everything to opvault when I moved to 1Password 7 the first time, so all my old Dropbox vaults have been converted. The other ones were renamed something else when they were converted.

• Do you recall which app converted your vault, @AgileByte? You should still only have one OPVault per AgileKeychain you were previously using. Also, do you have multiple vaults in your apps and do you see this problem with all of these vaults or is it isolated to one?

• AgileByte
    AgileByte
    Community Member
    Options

I would imagine the vaults were converted by a 1P for Mac desktop app.

I see this problem only on 1P for Windows. I am able to see the files on Android (but not retrieve them, see above), iOS (where I can retrieve them) and Mac desktop (v7, can also retrieve them).

I do believe Windows has multiple Dropbox vaults, because I log in with the Master Vault password which contains no items but 1P license keys (for v4-6) and use a different vault for all the relevant attachments discussed here (and which has a different vault password).

• I'm digging back in my memory a bit, but I want to say I've seen a similar issue with a Mac-converted vault before, @AgileByte, but at the time I'd seen just the one case so I didn't believe it was a systemic issue. I'll see if I can dig up that conversation and remind myself of what I found then. For now, could you give something a try for me? On your Mac, download one attachment you know is giving you problems on Windows. Delete the attachment from 1Password on your Mac, then re-upload/re-attach it to the same item. Check on your PC after if you're able to retrieve that one attachment after removing it and replacing it. Let me know what you find. :+1:

• prje13
    prje13
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. On version 7.3.712. I have 3 windows PCs and 2 iPhones. All except 1 PC sync via Dropbox. The exception PC I sync by manually copying the opvault. None of the Windows PCs show any (old) attachments. The iPhones do show the attachments. If I add a new attachment then it shows on the PCs. I'm actually not sure when this started happening. It could have been with the 7.3.712 version but not sure.

• I expect it's unlikely this was an issue with any given update, @prje13. Certainly some changes have unexpected consequences, but we've not made any changes to that code in some time and 7.3.712 has been out a while. I'd expect to have seen more of this were it an issue with that update and this type of issue cropping up when the relevant code hasn't changed recently would be all the more surprising. Were these attachments created in some version of 1Password 7?

• prje13
    prje13
    Community Member
    Options

I did some checking - I converted from ver 4 to ver 7 in Feb 2019. There are a couple of attachments that were created after that that show up in Windows, so I guess you are onto the issue. Is there a way to recover the ver 4 attachments?

• Normally, @prje13, my suggestion is to redo the import, but given the time elapsed, I suspect that's not practical as you'll likely have made other changes in 1Password 7. The best path forward will likely depend on a few factors. How many attachments are missing? I don't need an exact number, just trying to gauge how cumbersome just downloading them and reattaching them would be. Have you made any changes to the items those attachments are attached to since importing them? Finally, do you recall if you had to convert from Agile Keychain to OPVault? When I see these sorts of problems, that answer is almost universally yes, but better to ask to just in case. This should help me think up the simplest possible recovery path. It definitely can be done regardless – your old data isn't deleted when converted so it should still be there unless you've got rid of it yourself – but it could end up simpler or harder depending so want to make sure I've got my ducks in a row before suggesting what to do. :+1:

• prje13
    prje13
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the feedback bundtkate. I have about 8 entries that are affected. I'll just redo the attachments.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@prje13 - for eight items, that definitely sounds like the lowest-impact solution. :) Let us know if you hit any difficulties, and apologies for the difficulty.

This discussion has been closed.