1Password extension stops working after time on Edge Browser

I have 1password extension installed in my Edge Browser and works for a while then doesn't respond anymore. The app itself works, but the right click and using the extension doesn't work. This seems to be happening on 2 different computers using Edge. If I restart the computer it seems to clear up initially and then quits working again. Please advise as having his feature in the browser is a big feature of this software.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 7.2.583
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password windows app

Comments

• This is something of a known issue, @ademeo, in that we've seen it pop up from time to time, but we're not sure why it happens. At this point, we're not going to expend any additional resources tracking it down. Microsoft is in the process of rebuilding Edge on Chromium (they already have a developer build available). When it's ready, the current Edge will likely be replaced and our current Edge extension will be retired since our Chrome extension will work in the new Edge. It just doesn't make sense to spend development time addressing issues in an extension that's not long for this world. Of course, I'd be happy to look at some diagnostics and see if I can track down anything that might improve things for now, but there's a good chance this won't be something we can resolve without an update to the extension, which means you'd need to hang tight until the new Edge is released. In my experience, a restart of Edge – close it, wait a few seconds, then relaunch – will usually sort this out without a full reboot so I'd suggest doing that for now if you're not interested in taking a deeper dive.

If you would like me to take a look, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that number here, it will help me track down your e-mail quicker so I ensure that this issue is dealt with as quickly as possible.

Once I see the diagnostics I'll look them over and let you know what I find. :+1:

• ademeo
    ademeo
    Community Member

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I sent the diagnostic reports. [#HDI-69397-151][#HDI-69397-151] Right now it's working fine. It seems the 1password Windows app crashed this morning. Once I restarted the app, the Browser extension is working again. But as we know it will randomly fail later on. I do see your point about rebuilding Edge on Chromium. But if you can have a look at the diagnostics to see if we can pinpoint anything that may improve my experience that would be great. Thanks again for all your help !! -Anthony

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ademeo,

Thank you for the report! We will take a look and provide you with more information via email. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: HDI-69397-151

This discussion has been closed.