How do I switch users on the Windows desktop app?

I downloaded the desktop app for Windows 10 and signed in with my boss's account. But now I want my account to be the default for the desktop app, but I don't see any option to sign out and back in with another user. There is only space to enter the master password of the account initially used. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• To sign out of an account, @abradford, unlock 1Password then choose Accounts > Account name > Sign out. For what it's worth, I wouldn't generally recommend swapping between accounts in this manner. Each time you sign out and back in you're going to need the full gamut of your 1Password credentials for that account – e-mail, Secret Key, Master Password, the works. Not the most efficient or enjoyable thing to be swapping at all times. If you need access to your boss's account from time to time, I'd suggest using 1password.com to access his account as needed and keeping your desktop app signed into your own account. :+1:

• abradford
    abradford
    Community Member

Thanks for the response @bundtkate I don't see any place to select accounts though? On 1Password.com I do but not the desktop app. Only options are settings, license and help. And agreed, I plan to only keep my account on the desktop once I figure out how to change the user over to mine.

• Accounts is up on the titlebar, @abradford. Please forgive any sloppiness in this screenshot – image editing is not my strong suit and I'm sure I've done something silly like accidentally making it humongous.

If your app looks different, you're likely using an older version. Take a peek at Help > About 1Password and let me know what version you're on and I'll let you know what to do from there. :+1:

• abradford
    abradford
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Thanks for the screenshot @bundtkate , I'm using Version 7.3.684 and only recently downloaded it. Is that an older version? My menu bar looks like yours except it doesn't have Accounts, View or Item.

• Did you unlock, @abradford? Gotta unlock first and I just checked and only those options are available when I lock my app, so I'd wager yours is just locked. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.