bambora.com saving and filling

This discussion was created from comments split from: Editing Web form details fields [Planned].

Comments

• chris13524
    chris13524
    Community Member

@bundtkate yes, I am using 1Password X. It does use the web form details, it saves them and fills them in.

Saving a login manually doesn't allow editing of form details, I don't understand why that is such a common workaround mentioned here when it doesn't solve the problem at hand (having additional fields beyond username and password).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chris13524: It's not common at all. Keep in mind that I'm saying that based on replying to thousands of people each month, especially having issues with various websites. I don't say that to discount the problem you're having. I wish you weren't having difficulties at all. But we need to keep the big picture in mind. To be quite honest, our efforts are better spent improving the overall saving and filling logic so that it isn't necessary for people to even try to manually edit web form details. It's likely that we will add this to the Windows app in the future, but there are much more highly requested features/improvements that would benefit a much greater number of people that we need to work on first.

All of that said, if you'll let me know the specifics of the issue you're having, I'll be happy to investigate:

• OS version
    • 1Password version
    • browser version
    • extension version
    • URL
  • chris13524
    chris13524
    Community Member

@brenty

1Password version: 1.15.2
    Browser version: Chromium v74.0.3729.169
    Extension version: ?
    URL: https://web.na.bambora.com/admin/sDefault.asp

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chris13524: Oh! You're not even using Windows. I've split you off from that Windows beta discussion, and we'll focus on this specific website issue then. Thanks for the info! :)

Anyway, looking at the site, I'm seeing a few strange things:

• The "password" field does not seem to accept more than a single character: anything I type seems to replace the first character
    • There is not actually a login form: it is a table:

Because of that, 1Password X isn't usable at all there; so being able to modify web form details wouldn't help you anyway.

I'm not sure what we can really do with this, but I'll bring it up with the team. I might be able to offer you a workaround, but it would only work if you have access to one of the desktop apps. Do you?

ref: x/b5x#1295

• chris13524
    chris13524
    Community Member

The thing is, it is still able to autofill the username and password fine (and the logo circle shows up)... I understand it's a weird form and my concern isn't really with the saving of the details, but if it CAN autofill (try it out), why can't it autofill the company login too (in which case being able to modify web form details would be beneficial)?

I'm OK with manually creating these logins as it's a one-time process generally, but being able to edit web form details seems to be a crucial feature that's missing...at least in my workflow heh

On the desktop app, I'm exclusive to Linux so would only have access to the CLI client. (Why don't these things have feature parity?)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The thing is, it is still able to autofill the username and password fine (and the logo circle shows up)... I understand it's a weird form and my concern isn't really with the saving of the details, but if it CAN autofill (try it out), why can't it autofill the company login too (in which case being able to modify web form details would be beneficial)?

@chris13524: What I'm saying is that 1Password X will not fill there using the inline icon at all currently because it's not a login form. It will fill just fine from the browser toolbar button. The problem is that not having the inline menu work means you can't save a Login there using 1Password X, and that's crucial for it to be able to get the data for those specific fields. If you don't have a Windows or macOS machine yourself, perhaps a colleague could import a template 1PIF and share it with you, if you're part of a team/business. Otherwise there isn't going to be a workaround at the moment.

I'm OK with manually creating these logins as it's a one-time process generally, but being able to edit web form details seems to be a crucial feature that's missing...at least in my workflow heh

1Password X doesn't even have editing capabilities yet, so it's not at all possible to do anything with web form data. You may be okay with manually mucking about with it but most people aren't, so, as I mentioned earlier, our focus is on improving saving and filling; that helps many more people. I don't doubt that there are other websites designed similar to this, so if we can find a way to get it working without breaking other stuff that will help you and others. So thanks for sharing that!

On the desktop app, I'm exclusive to Linux so would only have access to the CLI client. (Why don't these things have feature parity?)

Because it's a beta with a very different audience than any of our other apps. I suspect we'll have better feature parity in time (though probably never the same as the GUI apps, for obvious reasons), but I think we need to focus on the beta for now. :)

• chris13524
    chris13524
    Community Member

Thanks for that info!

I was fiddling around and accidentally came across a solution (?). If I add a custom field titled "Company login", it will fill it in automatically! Not need to edit "web form details" or whatever.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

By golly you're right! It's something we've been working on for a while, and while it won't work everywhere I'm glad that works in this case. Good find! :)

This discussion has been closed.