To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Multiple Accounts Being Problematic

glindsey
glindsey
Community Member
edited June 2019 in Memberships

I can access both Instagram and Dominion Energy from my 1Password account on my computer running version 7.3 of 1Password. But I cannot access either of these accounts from my Android phone which runs version 7.1.5. Both accounts are linked and I use the same subscription with both of them, so the login information is the same. I recently changed my passwords to both Instagram and Dominion Energy to something more secure. When I use 1Password from my Android phone to access either of these accounts, I get a message that the password is incorrect.

I discarded the Instagram app from my phone, thinking it might be the problem. I will try reinstalling it. Any clues as to why these sites will not work from 1Password on the phone but work perfectly well from my computer?

I can tell you that the information is syncing correctly from one account to another. In other words, when I change my password within 1Password on my computer, the change is recorded almost immediately on the phone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @glindsey!

If you reveal the password for these accounts on your Android phone, can you confirm that it is the correct one? Also, do you get the same error message if you manually copy and paste this password on your phone when you login?

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Yes and yes! I ended up having to contact customer service on both accounts to get the issue resolved. I believe it was a glitvh on their ends.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's hard to say, but one thing we encounter from time to time is that a website will seem to accept a password change but it silently truncates it, sometimes due to specific characters, other times just due to length. Anyway, glad to hear you were able to get it sorted! It can definitely be difficult to figure out.

This discussion has been closed.