Password autofill not displaying all 1Password items

Options
MasterRee
MasterRee
Community Member

Hello.

I’m using an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 12.3.1 with 1Password 7.3.2.

I discovered that when I got to Settings and attempt to join a wireless network and am prompted for a password, Password Autofill appears as it does in Safari and elsewhere. However, when I go to select from the list of items in 1Password, not all items I have in 1Password are displayed. I have searched and manually scrolled and neither method reveals this item.

If I go to one password manually, I find the item in the list. This is a “server” type item that I have used for my router and I have saved several wireless password for the various SSIDs on this router.

Is this expected behavior? Is this an issue with 1Password or Password Autofill?

Please help. Thanks.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MasterRee: Yes, that's expected. But I'm sorry for the confusion. iOS Password Autofill works only with Login items saved in 1Password because only those have the information it requires: username, password, and URL. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• MasterRee
    MasterRee
    Community Member
    Options

So that is a limitation of Password Autofill? That seems odd that it would require a URL when populating an item and field that are not related to a URL (wireless network password).

If that’s the case, that does explain it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MasterRee: It can definitely be a bit confusing. If you're frequently needing to fill those credentials, I'd suggest saving them as a Login item. But personally I don't find it comes up but once, since iOS has that nifty sharing feature:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209368

I haven't heard of any more additions to iOS Password Autofill yet, but I'm sure that it will continue to mature over time. Cheers! :)

• MasterRee
    MasterRee
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I will probably save it as a login item. I have an unusual circumstance, so I deliberately join and “forget” this network periodically. I also done have any other devices on that network from which to share, the password sharing feature is a nice tool. Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah gotcha. That makes sense. You're welcome. Glad to be able to help in some small way. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.