Confusing UI/UX issues

When I have multiple accounts for the same site, 1password shows me a list of possible logins. This is good because it shows the associated usernames in the list as well.

However when 1password offers to update an existing one, usernames are not shown and picking the correct one is not possible. Especially that the title of the entries are the same, because all used on the same site. Usernames would be good here as well as in the first screenshot.

It would also be great if 1password could automatically consolidates duplicate entries or at least warn the user about that. Because of a double import I have two entries with the same username for the same site (two marias in the screenshot).

Because of this duplicate possibility, the update list actually picks up the wrong entry by default (the first match) and then updates the incorrect entry.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @sixtram! We actually do show usernames when you update an existing Login, but it looks like your titles are long enough to block it. Is it possible for you to shorten your titles a bit? Here's a screenshot of mine that shows each username:

I'd definitely suggest deleting the additional Login you have, but yes, I agree that it would be amazing if 1Password could consolidate those for you. I'd be afraid that'd do more harm than good, though. I'm not sure how it would know if you'd want the item consolidated or not. Perhaps a notification like you're saying would help, but I could also see that getting in the way as well – just trying to think of it from everyone's point of view. :)

This discussion has been closed.