How preferred/standard method to add a 2nd password in a 1password 'login category' record?

limekiln
limekiln
Community Member

PayPal now asks for a 2nd layer of password. If I currently use the standard 'login category' record type in rev 7.3.2 where or how can I add/document a 2nd password? What is preferred method or option? I tried to add a new field, but when I save it and then redisplay the record, only the username, password, and website fields display as a default.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@limekiln - a Login item will only have the username/email and single password because that is a) how we designed it, and b) how the vast majority of sites work. You are free to add a second password manually to any item, but not in the default section.

However, I'm curious: I've got a PayPal account (doesn't everyone?), but I rarely use it these days...so I signed in and found no such requirements for a "2nd layer of password." Mind clarifying what you mean? PayPal has 2FA enabled for those who wish it, is that what you're referring to? Or is this something new to more-newly-created accounts?

• limekiln
    limekiln
    Community Member

Lars-

Turns out it was a miscommunication between wife and I. She misinterpreted a PayPal request for a Security Question as asking for a second password.
    I've noticed some login records with 1password identify something to effect '2FA is available' but didn't see this when accessing my PayPal login record. Is this merely an instance where 1password doesn't recognize 2FA is available? Just curious.

Thanks for your feedback....

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@limekiln - the availability of 2FA (2SV) on a given site is via twofactorauth.org. We have their entire list, and that should be triggering the "Inactive 2FA" warning...if you don't have 2FA enabled. But in my own testing just now, it's NOT doing that - in other words, I can verify your experience. After a little digging, it seems our .json file for that doesn't include PayPal, so I've filed an internal issue to have it added. Thanks for noticing! :)

ref: web/watchtower.1password.com#13

This discussion has been closed.