Trying to install 1Password for Mac

Options
atl
atl
Community Member
edited June 2019 in Mac

Macbook air - need previous version of 1passowrd (not beta 7) to work again and have mini installed on browser

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• atl
    atl
    Community Member
    Options

I get this error message trying to use 1password first stand alone version (which is what I want again on my mac).

The operation couldn’t be completed. /Users/alarimer/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt:140:156: execution error: System Events got an error: osascript is not allowed to send keystrokes. (1002)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @atl,

Which version exactly are you trying to use? The latest stable version is v7.3. It can be had here, as can the browser extension:

Download for Mac

If you're using 1Password standalone please be sure to download the regular extension, not 1Password X (which requires a membership).

Ben

• atl
    atl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I downloaded from here https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C as i don't want ver. 7 at this time.

I still get the error message I posted above so something is not working correctly.

• Ben
    Options

If you're trying to use 1Password v6 you'll need to disable autosubmit in 1Password's preferences to avoid that error on Mojave. That said, we'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser.

Ben

• atl
    atl
    Community Member
    Options

ok, so if i download and use password 7 I can do that with my existing standalone license?
    how do i get the extension and autofill to work on password 7?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2019
    Options

That depends... do you have a 1Password 7 for Mac license? 1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

With 1Password 7 the Safari extension is baked into the app. No separate extension installation needed (you'd remove the one you've installed). For other browsers the extensions can be found on the downloads page.

Download for Mac

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: MGV-79619-256

This discussion has been closed.