I try to move an item to Email Accounts and the move option isn't available

Mbrydon
Mbrydon
Community Member

I try to move an item to Email Accounts and the move option isn't available! I hold down the Option key and it still won't move to another vault.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (70300019)
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:move

Comments

• Hi @Mbrydon,

It isn't possible to move an item from one category to another. The reason being categories also define which template applies to an item. Because each template has different required fields, it isn't really possible to change the template/category of an item. To accomplish this you'd need to create a new item in the desired category and then copy & paste any data from the old item to the new. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Mbrydon
    Mbrydon
    Community Member

So that means I can't move something from Logins to another category after it's been entered into the Login area. Sometimes you think about it after or it's used more than you think and you'd like to move it.

• So that means I can't move something from Logins to another category after it's been entered into the Login area.

Correct.

Sometimes you think about it after or it's used more than you think and you'd like to move it.

We're looking at the possibility of making categories more flexible in the future, but for the moment you'd need to decide which category an item belongs in when creating it.

Ben

• Mbrydon
    Mbrydon
    Community Member

I did what you said and made a new login in Email Accounts but now it doesn't show up on my iphone?

• Mbrydon
    Mbrydon
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

It shows on my Mac but doesn't show on the iphone, I thought what was changed/ created on either device automatically was updated across both devices?
    I've also Sync'd but both devices are different.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mbrydon - if your data isn't syncing, make sure you've got the same vaults, synced in the same way, on both devices. In 1Password for Mac, click Preferences > Vaults and see how many vaults are there - and what their names are. Then, in 1Password for iOS, tap Settings > Vaults and check the same thing. Are they identical? Or do you maybe have a vault on one device that's NOT on the other? Let us know.

• Mbrydon
    Mbrydon
    Community Member

Thanks Lars but boy it's very clunky. On the iphone I also sync with icloud and that's not offered on the mac.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mbrydon,

From what you wrote, I think your Mac is actually not syncing to iCloud. When you do not see iCloud offered as a sync option in the Mac app, this means that you are instead using a 1Password account to the Mac app (you can confirm this under 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab).

If your data is stored inside a 1Password account, your phone should not sync to iCloud, because your data wouldn't be there. Instead, you will need to add your 1Password account (the same one you use on the Mac) to your phone too.

This discussion has been closed.