How about considering allowing user to config the accurency of matching?

I have been using 1password for several years and it's really awesome.
But the only major trouble using it is the matching in browser.
For example, when I am logging in to a.xxx.com,b.xxx.com/c.xxx.com...are all shown,I have to manually choose which site.Maybe in some cases their user infos are shared,but I do have some situations that a.xxx.com and b.xxx.com use different user infos.
Besides,I wish ports can also be considered:for example,a.xxx.com:80 and a.xxx.com:81.
My suggestion is to let user set their own preferences on how precisely 1password match sub-domains and ports.
Hope 1password gets better and better!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

Hey, @luabish

I understand how that would be very useful to have. Although, I'm not a 1Pass team member, I've read in other threads that:

A) 1Pass is designed to show the most relevant login item at the top (specifically the Windows and Mac apps)
    B) Changing the behavior of the URL matching is not something they're currently working on (or even a priority).

You can read this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/85945/exact-url-matching

It's not that they don't see the value of it, but more about considering the value to the majority of users of 1Pass.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

• luabish
    luabish
    Community Member

@arturoaubry Thanks a lot for your reply!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @luabish! I'm sorry for the delay in our "official" reply to you here, but it appears that arturoaubry has provided a helpful discussion from last year on a closely-related topic. If you've read through that, you've got a good sense of where things stand from our perspective right now, which is (to summarize): 1Password is not a "pro" tool in the sense that we don't design it to have the greatest amount of flexbility/customizability/features for "power users." We certainly understand that some of our users are "power users," and we do try to design things when we can in a way that satisfies most or all of the desires of that community while not being forbiddingly complicated for less-technical folks. But there are indeed times when, if an either/or choice must be made, we'll err on the side of making 1Password powerful yet accessible, rather than complicated and customizable. Everyone deserves good security; far fewer people need (or just want) advanced flexibility. And our user-base is large enough these days that even amongst the "power-user" community, there's disagreement about how things should look/function, which means we literally cannot make everyone happy. We'll continue to shoot for the best experience for the most people, however, and we always definitely appreciate the feedback and use-case explanation of users from all walks of life. Thanks for being a part of that. :) :+1:

• luabish
    luabish
    Community Member

@Lars I totally understand.Thanks for your reply

• @luabish on behalf of Lars, you are very welcome. And thank you for your understanding! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.