Subscription sync and server options with subscription model

Waterford
Waterford
Community Member

Current 1P 6.8.8. iOS 12.3.1. MacOS 10.14.5. Sync via iCloud. Long time user - third purchased stand alone license over the years. Currently sync via iCloud and if needed WLAN. With my current 1P version inevitably heading for the grave, quick question on synchronization options with the dreaded subscription fatigue model: Can I continue to sync with Apple and iCloud or am I forced to use "1Password's servers," whatever that really means? (I have no trust in Dropbox.) If yes, you must sync with 1Password's servers with the subscription model, would it be safe to say 1P is utilizing AWS (as does Apple) or some other substantial cloud provider. I assume "1Password servers" is not a cute way of saying - our servers are really hosted at Joe's Pizza or Dropbox.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Waterford

1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

While Joe's Pizza sounds delicious right now the infrastructure for our membership service is built on AWS, not pizza. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Waterford
    Waterford
    Community Member

Ben, thanks. Yes, I will look at the membership option. Appreciate the support here.

• You're very welcome. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.