Editing Web form details fields [Planned]

13»

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@deviant: Thanks for checking out 1Password :) I don't have a way to test that at the moment. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• deviantdeviant

@brenty
    I am able to easily auto fill this login page

And also the 2-factor

But, to get this third screen filled I have to create a second profile instead of it filling "mailbox-password" as a separate auto-fill item in the main identity. Storing the element on the main identity results in it filling out the original password again instead of the one with the specific element name.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@deviant: Thanks! I'd be interested to hear if creating a custom field in the item with any of the following names allows 1Password to fill there: mailboxPassword, mailbox-password, or Mailbox password. I haven't seen a login flow like this before, so I'm not sure any will work, but please let me know.

• deviantdeviant

@brenty That was my first thought as well, When I tried that, I created them as password type fields, not sure if I should configure them as another type since they are auto filling later.

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited June 14

@deviant: I would delete all of those at the bottom and try one at a time. You might not even need to set it as a password field. And I'll see if I can figure out how to set something like that up later in order to test this myself.

• deviantdeviant

Thanks @brenty

I just tried them one at a time with them as Text and also Password types and it still would not auto-fill. ProtonMail does have a free account type if you wanted to test.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@deviant: Yeah, I was trying to figure out how to setup the "mailbox password" thing, as I'm not seeing that. Maybe that's limited to paid accounts...

• deviantdeviant

@brenty it is a selection in Settings->Account->Login Password->Switch to Two Password Mode.

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited June 14

@deviant: Ah, got it. That was confusing. Had to setup "Two Password Mode" in settings. :lol:

Unfortunately while I was able to easily reproduce what you're experiencing, I don't have a solution for you. I've collected additional information to bring it up with the team to see if something can be done in the future. But it's tricky because 1Password is intentionally a bit lenient when it comes to filling password fields that aren't named just "password" because otherwise it wouldn't be able to fill there in many cases -- for example if the field is called "login-password" or "account-password"...or "mailbox-password". But we'll look into it. Thank you for bringing this up!

In the mean time, having that saved in a separate field makes it easy to copy and paste all least.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#577

• I want to be able to fully edit each field: add, edit and delete.

I understand you don't "want" us to save a form we are filling when we subscribe to a service but I have good reasons to do so... like remembering what I've entered to login. Then, I edit the entry in 1Password later (if needed... rarely happens) when I login.

Deleting and recreating the full entry is a pain.

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, @maximejobin, we do plan to allow editing of web form details if they survive long term. That said, I'm not sure I follow your specific concern here. What you enter to log in isn't saved in the web form details – your username and password, the website URL, etc. are all part of your normal item details and are already editable. Is there a particular site where data is only saved in the web form details or something of that sort?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@maximejobin: It's not that we don't want you to save a Login on any page you want, it's that 1Password will fill best on the page it has information about, so you may want to save it in the place where you intend to use it for it to work more reliably filling there. It's totally your call though. If it's more important to you to have it saved for a signup form, I'm not going to tell you not to do that. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file