Mini and/or extension don't work in Firefox for 7.3.1.BETA-2 (70301002)

testastretta
testastretta
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Firefox 68.0b9
Mini 4.7.4.90
macOS 10.14.5 (production)

Keeps asking to install, even after I quit Firefox and restart. Command-\ just gives me a "you're missing the plug-in" dialog.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• macdevin
    macdevin
    Community Member

I get the same thing in Firefox, Safari, and chrome..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If you complete any pending browser updates and restart your Mac, does that help?

• macdevin
    macdevin
    Community Member

No updates to any of the browsers and restart of computer did not help. This all broke after the Beta2 update came out.

• elDub
    elDub
    Community Member

Beta 2 won't work at all with Chrome even after restarts and reinstalls of the extension, and for Safari I had issues brining up Mini at all for a while (again, even after restart), but it is working now.

• 3rdparty
    3rdparty
    Community Member

Same issue here

• elDub
    elDub
    Community Member

I know it doesn't help... but it has started to work for me in both Chrome and Safari. I don't recall doing anything to attempt to fix the situation since my last report.

• XenoPhage
    XenoPhage
    Community Member

Same issue here. Tried restarting 1Password and Firefox. Also removed the extension and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to make it work.

Weirdly, mini won't even open for me with safari running. Note: I'm running the Catalina beta, so I suspect the safari issue is related to that, versus this new beta. I don't use safari much, so not 100% sure it worked before the latest 1Password beta.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the reports, folks. I'm sorry for the trouble. I think we've got a fix for this. Please update and let me know if it helps. :)

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

b3 fixed it. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Likewise, thanks for bringing it up. Glad that did the trick. :chuffed:

• XenoPhage
    XenoPhage
    Community Member

Ha! It suddenly started working and I came here to mention it.. Saw that B3 apparently dropped and when I looked, my 1Password had updated at some point today ... Go figure. So yeah, it's working again. Good work!

Cheers!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @XenoPhage :) I am happy to hear that the latest beta worked :)

• anyone have any issues going from b3 to b4?

This discussion has been closed.