I can't access my iPassword 6 after having to restore my XS as a new phone.

Lynda
Lynda
Community Member

I had a problem with the phone today and took it to Apple. We did a restore as a new phone to get rid of potential app. issues and now I can't access my 1password on the phone. I had to redownload the app and I'm pretty sure it came down as the new one and it's asking for a secret code. I've never had a secret code in all the years I've used the app. I did what was recommended on the web site, but there is nothing to scan to get the code. I have all the license numbers, but that is apparently not enough. Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lynda: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Indeed, iTunes/iCloud backup/restore doesn't always include everything, and if you installed the app from the App Store it will have no data at all. You would only have a Secret Key if you'd signed up for a 1Password membership subscription, and only have data in the account if you'd put it there already. Where do you currently have your 1Password data?

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

On Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lynda: Great! Then you just need to choose that option from the first screen in 1Password for iOS, and sync your existing data. :)

• Lynda
    Lynda
    Community Member

Thanks so much. That took care of my problem. Now I can stop chugging my wine:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Haha sipping makes it last longer! Glad that helped. We're here if you need anything else. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.