Moving Primary Vault from Dropbox to iCloud with 1Password Account

ssh
ssh
Community Member

Team,

With the changes Dropbox is forcing on its users, I'll be dropping it at the next renewal and moving all my file sync to iCloud. I don't use my Dropbox vault for very much at all, but one key advantage is that I do not have to type my entire 1Password account master password every time I need to type a password. I can type the (much shorter) master password I have set in my Dropbox vault. I would like to just move that vault to iCloud and keep it working the same.

I have seen the note on moving to iCloud from Dropbox when that's the only vault, but want to make sure there's nothing different for me, since the vast majority of my entries are in my 1Password account.

1Password Version: 7.3.1.BETA-2
Extension Version: 7.3.1.BETA-0
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ssh,

I have seen the note on moving to iCloud from Dropbox when that's the only vault, but want to make sure there's nothing different for me, since the vast majority of my entries are in my 1Password account.

iCloud and Dropbox sync only apply to standalone vaults, so the process doesn't change if you have multiple 1Password accounts in the app. Just switch the sync method under 1Password Preferences > Sync tab from Dropbox to iCloud for your Primary vault ;)

• ssh
    ssh
    Community Member

Ok! Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ssh, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us anytime, we will be happy to help you. :)

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.