To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Standalone V7 'read only - not unlocking

Options
TimAbbott
TimAbbott
Community Member

I've had to reinstall V7 and it is now showing as 'Read only'. I have downloaded the license again from the original email but the license file is not unlocking 1Password - nothing happens when I click on the license file. 1P is still working fine on my other devices. I'm quite happy with the standalone version which has been great up to now.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Standalone read only

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TimAbbott

This may seem like a silly question, but... is the license file you're trying to apply a 1Password 7 for Mac license? If so double clicking on the file should apply it.

Ben

• TimAbbott
    TimAbbott
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Yes, it's a 1Password7 for Mac license. I'm using the same link from the original email that came with the standalone purchase and it's downloading the license file correctly. But when I click on the file nothing happens.

• Ben
    Options

@TimAbbott

It takes a double click. If that doesn't work, what happens when you drag the license file to the dock icon for 1Password?

Ben

• TimAbbott
    TimAbbott
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Yes, I've been double clicking it! Dragging the license file to the 1Password icon in the dock also does nothing.

• Ben
    Options

@TimAbbott

It looks like you may have posted the same message twice. Could you please see my reply above?

Ben

• TimAbbott
    TimAbbott
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Yes, I've been double clicking it! Dragging the license file to the 1Password icon in the dock also does nothing.

• Ben
    Options

@TimAbbott

Okay, thank you for trying. At this point I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104631/standalone-v7-read-only-not-unlocking#latest
    • Your forum username: TimAbbott

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• TimAbbott
    TimAbbott
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    OK, this is weird. It's just unlocked. Double clicking clearly wasn't working - I'd tried several times. Dragging the license file to the dock didn't initiate any obvious action, or open 1Password (which was closed at the time) but I wonder if this unlocked it so that it was OK next time I opened the app.
    Anyway, thanks for your prompt responses and for following through on this thread.
    It seems clear from the web site that the standalone version is not really something that AgileBits wants to promote. Maybe I give in and opt for the subscription at the next release..!

Tim

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Tim. Strange that it played out like that, but I'm glad to hear it seems to be working. I'm cautiously optimistic though. ;) If the trouble pops up again please send us the report. :+1:

Ben

• TimAbbott
    TimAbbott
    Community Member
    Options

It's back to 'Read only' mode.
    I've sent in a diagnostics report.

Thanks,
    Tim

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TimAbbott, thank you for the update!

We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: #XGT-73573-479

This discussion has been closed.