Multiple email addresses with one identity

harish_ravikumar
harish_ravikumar
Community Member
edited June 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have multiple personal email addresses, but with one identity for my 1Password account.
During auto-fill of email address, 1Password only fills with only one email address I've added in my identity report and not the others.
How can I ensure that all my email addresses are shown in the drop-down from which I can select?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:email address

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @harish_ravikumar,

I don't believe that it is possible at the moment. If you use several emails, you can create several Identity items, like this:

This way you will be able to select the username/email address that you need. Let me know if it works for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hello @Greg
    Many thanks for your quick response.
    I figured this out from another thread that I need to duplicate my identity which I'm not in favor of :(
    Are there any development plans to build a single identity that support multiple email addresses?
    Thanks,
    Harish

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @harish_ravikumar,

We do not disclose any plans or timeframes, but I will pass your suggestion to our team. Is there a particular reason why you don't want to have several Identities in your vault? Please let me know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hi @Greg
    No specific reasons. I just wanted to have one identity for a person with multiple email attributes that can be auto-filled.
    Best,
    Harish

• For what it may be worth, @harish_ravikumar, I know that it will never be the case that everyone fits a single mold, but the most common usage of Identities is to have different purpose-based identities. Most of us probably have "Home" and "Work" identities, but I actually have others as well like a "Spammy" identity when I'm buying stuff from a site I expect will spam me and includes special contact info designed to avoid how much that bugs me. This sort of assumption is what Identities are designed around at the moment, so if this genuinely won't work for you, it's important for us to know why. We can certainly pass along a request for a change, but that's often a tough sell without a specific use-case that's not served by the status quo. If it's not huge deal, of course that's fine, but if there's a real world problem you're seeking to solve with this, I want to make sure it gets a fair hearing. :+1:

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hello @bundtkate @Greg Thanks for your feedback.
    It may sound rational for now to have multiple identities.
    With iOS 13 release this Autumn with it's own SSO features (sign-in with Apple ID) where we can mask our identities, I think it will become irrelevant and redundant to maintain multiple identities for a person.

I even have had another password manager that hold multiple email address and it will give me a drop-down on which email address I'd wish to assign.
    It is not an absolute necessity for me to have a single identity as I started to duplicate my identity entries. Hope I can delete these identities once Apple rolls out iOS13.

Best, Harish

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@harish_ravikumar: The design 1Password is different at the moment. As things (and OS's) change, we might consider changes as well, but I don't have anything to share at this point. We appreciate your feedback, so thank you for participating. :) Thanks!

++
    Greg

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

@Greg Appreciate your prompt feedback to my queries :)

• :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.