I downloaded 7 from App Store and tried to update from 6 using a new account from the web and cannot

WDW
WDW
Community Member

I cannot sign in on the downloaded version of 7 from the App Store. I did not want to pay the $3.99 per month and rather the yearly version offered on the website. Now I cannot open the version 7 app. I checked on the accounts tab and it is saying I need to subscribe to the $3.99 per month. How can I get my data migrated and sign in? I have an account on the website that I just signed in on.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @WDW,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. It sounds like there may be some confusion about the various ways to use 1Password. 1Password accounts ("membership") require a subscription. If you'd rather not use a membership you can read about how to do that here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

But membership is definitely the way forward. I'd highly recommend checking it out. You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you have standalone data you need to get into your membership we have instructions available on that:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• WDW
    WDW
    Community Member

I cannot migrate my data. I deleted the app and reinstalled it from the App Store. I got the sign in box when I opened the app entered my current password and it was asking for my old password (from years ago) which I don't remember (I know this because of the hint that came up) However, I checked the account page on the app (under preferences) and it has my new account listed but no way to migrate as per your video on the app. What now??

• WDW
    WDW
    Community Member

I forgot to say, I downloaded it from your website the second time.

• WDW
    WDW
    Community Member

I have successfully signed in on my account on the web but did not see or get an option to migrate my data.

• @WDW

Where is your data now? What made you delete the 1Password app from your phone? Did you make a backup or sync your data anywhere before you deleted it?

Ben

• WDW
    WDW
    Community Member

I have not deleted any data from my iPhone. I am only trying to install on my Mac. I still have version 6 on my computer but not open.

• @WDW

Gotcha. So there is no phone involved at all? Is the one Mac the only device you have 1Password on? If so at this point I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104660/i-downloaded-7-from-app-store-and-tried-to-update-from-6-using-a-new-account-from-the-web-and-cannot#latest
    • Your forum username: WDW

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• WDW
    WDW
    Community Member

I have my data on my Mac. I have not tried to do anything on my phone. Additionally, I tried to migrate on my account on the website and I did not see any option to migrate my data as per the video.

• WDW
    WDW
    Community Member

I still have the version 6 on my computer but don't want to delete it as I am concerned about access to my data.

• @WDW

Please send a diagnostic report as requested here. :)

Thanks.

Ben

• WDW
    WDW
    Community Member

No we have multiple devices that we currently sync through dropbox. 2 phone, 2 iPads and 2 Macs

• Okay. And is your data accessible to you on those other devices?

Ben

• WDW
    WDW
    Community Member

FWB-91157-427

• Thanks, @WDW. We'll continue via email.

Ben

ref: FWB-91157-427

This discussion has been closed.