1Password for Windows desktop has stopped working

Cryptojim
Cryptojim
Community Member
edited June 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have just downloaded the latest version for Windows. As soon as I try and install this on my windows 7 64 bit machine I get this error message.
I have my antivirus turned off.
Any ideas why this is not installing?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Cryptojim
    Cryptojim
    Community Member

I like this software but if I can't install it it's not much good to me.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Cryptojim,

Sorry for the troubles!

Could you please specify the version of Windows that you have on your PC? Is it Windows 7?

If my hunch is correct, please make sure that you have all of the latest Windows updates installed, install the latest version of .NET Framework from here, then reboot your PC.

Check if the error with 1Password installer remains. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Gregu1
    Gregu1
    Community Member

I have the same issue!

unistall, new installation, reboot, the latest version of .NET Framework....all already done more and more times!

ufff....

• In order to diagnose a crash, @Gregu1, I would need to take a closer look at a crash report from your PC. There are some issues that are more common than others, like outdated .NET on Windows 7, but most require some additional digging:

https://support.1password.com/cs/windows-crash-report/

Don't post your crash report here, but do attach it to an e-mail addressed to support+forum@1password.com. That will give us more information about the crash and allow me to suggest more targeted solutions rather than just guessing and seeing what sticks.

Thanks!

• Gregu1
    Gregu1
    Community Member

;)
    done!

• Thanks so much, @Gregu1! I've found it and am taking a look as we speak. To keep things simple, I'll get back to you via e-mail. :chuffed:

ref: ZHZ-33816-187

• miffed
    miffed
    Community Member

I guess there is no point in searching this forum for answers if resolutions aren't posted here. Not sure I want this manager.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@miffed: While I get where you're coming from, this is a public support forum, so there are not only some things which need to be handled via email because they may include sensitive information about a person and their setup which should not be shared publicly, but also it's at the discretion of the individual what they are comfortable sharing. We not only care deeply about security but also privacy, so we're not going to make the decision for our customers as far sharing information on their behalf. You may not care, and in any given situation I might not personally have a problem sharing my own resolution publicly, but it isn't our preferences that dictate others' privacy. And, frankly, sometimes people are just happy to get on with their lives and not motivated to spend time posting again once they've gotten the help they need. It's their time, and that's their prerogative. If you do feel that something else is a better fit for you because of this, that's fine. But if you do have any questions about 1Password for yourself, we'll be happy to answer them and give you the same respect with regard to your privacy and security as we do everyone.

This discussion has been closed.