Autofill not working 7.3b12 with Safari Tech Preview Release 80

2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not aware of any Safari beta for older versions of macOS. I don't recall them doing that in the past either. They usually do the Safari beta as part of the developer and public beta of the new OS, and then release just the browser for earlier OS versions once that's all ready in the autumn.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

@rudy

I'm ready.

@btn

"I feel your pain."

• stretchmonkey
    stretchmonkey
    Community Member

I have a good feeling about STP 84.

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member

Apple just updated Safari TP to Release 84, V13.

• btn
    btn
    Community Member

Still no joy with STP Release 84 (Safari 13.0, WebKit 14608.1.25.2) on macOS 10.14.5 (18F132) with 1PW Version 7.3 (70300020). :p I'm inconvenienced enough to temporarily try the latest 1PW beta build if anyone has it working with STP 84 and 10.14.5… Thanks!

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member

@btn I'm running 7.3.1.BETA-0 with STP and no luck...
    It's not an issue 1P can fix, it's a bug with STP.

• Hi folks,

At this point we do not expect this issue to be resolved in STP. It looks like it should hopefully be fixed when Safari 13 is released. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ben

• appl4ever
    appl4ever
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Ugh that's disappointing (I know its Apple's fault not Agilebits).

I submitted a report to https://feedbackassistant.apple.com (FB6142608). Maybe it'll help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• rudy
    edited June 2019

@zx4gb8

I'm continuing to see good results with both Safari 13 and the new STP 85 on macOS 10.15.

And still expectedly Safari 12 + STP 85 on 10.14 exhibits the same behavior that we've seen since STP 80.

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member

Still broken on STP 86 on 10.14.5 :-1:

• @cmfrazier,

Yup, I'm unfortunately not expecting it to be fixed until they deploy Safari 13 on macOS 10.13 and 10.14.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

Environment:

1Password 7 (just downloaded - prefs set for beta)
    Version 7.3.1 (70301008)
    1Password Store
    Safari Technology Preview (just downloaded)
    macOS Version 10.14.5 (18F132)
    Logged out and then logged back in.

Results:

It sorta works -- Go to agilebits.com from 1P Menu Bar icon first opens STP to Favorites, then the agilebits.com page in another tab. However, after tapping Login, 1P does not recognize a login is needed so I must type "agile" and then click Autofill.

Then, oops, both 1P icons no longer respond to clicks. This is really confusing. The non-response after success implies some kind of failure to reset some initial condition somewhere -- but that is only a conjecture based on other experience.

My real question:

Can you provide a suggest sequence for user testing that might be less random and provide meaningful feedback for you?

1Password Version: Version 7.3.1 (70301008)
    Extension Version: from 1Password 7
    OS Version: macOS Version 10.14.5 (18F132)
    Sync Type: AgileBitsCloud

• @xz4gb8,

This is a known issue with all STP versions 80 and later, it is not expected to be fixed until Apple ships Safari 13 later this year.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

@Rudy,

Well, that's a relief. I can ignore STP on Mojave and concentrate on Catalina testing.

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• RyanPoirier
    RyanPoirier
    Community Member

Well poo. I've been watching this with crossed fingers. Now I gotta migrate about 60 tabs back over to Safari.... The struggle™

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RyanPoirier - The Struggle™ is real, man! :lol:

• mbk28
    mbk28
    Community Member

Hi,
    on my Mac, the extension don't work with safari preview Release 91 (Safari 13.1, WebKit 14609.1.3)

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.3.BETA-1 (70303001)
    Extension Version: 7.3.3 beta 1
    OS Version: 10.14.6 (18G95)
    Sync Type: cloud

• @mbk28,

This is a known issue with all versions of STP starting with 80. The current understanding is that this will be resolved by the formal release of Safari 13.

• mbk28
    mbk28
    Community Member

thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It seems like it's been resolved with today's release of Safari 13, so I'd give that a try. Cheers! :)

• btn
    btn
    Community Member

Sweet. Back in business with STP Release 92 (Safari 13.1, WebKit 14609.1.4), 1PW 7.3.2, and macOS Version 10.14.6 (18G95)!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.