Migration issues

azfirehawk
azfirehawk
Community Member
edited June 2019 in iOS

I am so frustrated & in need of help please. I have an iphone 6 plus that has all of my passwords stored on it. I have a iphone X & iPad that im trying to migrate those passwords to. I have created an online account. I have paid for a subscription. I have used the “scan set up Code” option. But all i can get are the passwords that are on the iphone X (9 items). I cannot get those off the iphone 6 plus (100+ items). Please HOW can i sync All of theses so they ALL Have same the passwords! Please?! 😞 What am i doing wrong?

1Password Version: current
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.4.1
_Sync Type:_iCloud

Comments

• azfirehawk
    azfirehawk
    Community Member

Im sync’d through icloud.
    The iphone 6plus is v 11.4.1
    1password is updated
    I have no idea what Extension Version even means.

• azfirehawk
    azfirehawk
    Community Member

Please i have been trying to figure this out litterally for months. I need help. I dont know what im doing wrong... where im going wrong.... im begging please! I apologize if im not including the right criteria for the site... its not intentional.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@azfirehawk: Thanks for getting in touch, and for all the info. I think this is the key:

Im sync’d through icloud.

That isn't in your 1Password account. It sounds like you've already signed into your account on your other deices, but until you put your data there it won't do you any good. Please follow the instructions here from "Migrate your data on your main device" on to the very end:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account (iOS)

That will take you through moving your existing data to your account, removing the old vault (which you've been syncing with iCloud), and then setup the rest of your devices. Once you've got your data in the account, you'll be able to access it on any device where you're signed in.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• azfirehawk
    azfirehawk
    Community Member

I don’t mean to be dense. But I don’t understand. It shows on all my devices that I’ve chosen to sync through iCloud. The only device that will load is the iPhone X . I can’t load the iPhone 6plus that has ALL the passwords. I don’t understand the removing the old vault portion. But I have completed the scan setup code portion but still no passwords from original phone

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@azfirehawk: No worries. Happy to explain. iCloud is Apple's service. 1Password memberships are run by us, and do not use a 3rd party service at all. So if you have data in iCloud, that's not in your 1Password membership account, and vice versa. Does that help? :)

If you follow the instructions above to migrate your data to the 1Password account, it will be available on your other devices using that account -- and through 1Password.com in your web browser.

• azfirehawk
    azfirehawk
    Community Member

The iPad is new. I successfully migrated the passwords few passwords from the iPhone X to it. So part of the process I’m doing successfully. But I can’t figure out where I mess up with the iPhone 6plus.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@azfirehawk:

If you have successfully migrated all your existing data to your 1Password.com account, you are almost there. Just make sure you add your 1Password.com account to your iPhone 6S Plus to see all of your data there too :)

• azfirehawk
    azfirehawk
    Community Member

That’s the problem.,. I cannot get the information to transfer.

• azfirehawk
    azfirehawk
    Community Member

I use the scan setup code.... from the 6 plus. Then still no passwords from it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@azfirehawk:

In your previous post you wrote this:

I successfully migrated the passwords few passwords from the iPhone X to it.

So if you successfully migrated your data already, there is no need to transfer anything anymore, and all you need to do is add your 1Password account to all your devices to make sure they all use the same data.

Let's confirm this: if you login to your 1Password account on 1Password.com in a browser, do you see all your items there?

• azfirehawk
    azfirehawk
    Community Member

Okay... I started with the old phone That has the majority of my passwords on it. I then got a new phone so I needed to transfer passwords to it. I set up my online account....paid my subscription but could never transfer the passwords. Then got the iPad so I’ve tried with that. I was able to get the few passwords on the new phone onto the iPad. But nothing from old phone on either device. Despite using the setup up code directly off the old phone.

• azfirehawk
    azfirehawk
    Community Member

Sorry no I don’t see all the items from all devices in the browser

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@azfirehawk: thank you for the confirmation! I see what the problem is now. You need to transfer your existing data from your old phone first, as brenty mentioned above.

On your old phone, you need to add your 1Password account and then move your data from your Primary vault to your 1Password.com vault. At that point you will see all your items on 1Password.com, and on every other device where you have added your 1Password account.

Despite using the setup up code directly off the old phone.

If you used the setup code directly on the old phone, it probably means that you have added your 1Password account there already, so all that is left is to move your items there.

• azfirehawk
    azfirehawk
    Community Member

Okay, but I am totally unsure how to do that. I am so afraid I will loose all of them in the process of trying what I don’t fully grasp.

• azfirehawk
    azfirehawk
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Let me ask this: when I scan setup code it then fills in everything but master password. Does THAT password have to be the same as the one I use to unlock the one password app on that same phone? Because it’s a different one that I have to use to get it to accept it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@azfirehawk:

Okay, but I am totally unsure how to do that. I am so afraid I will loose all of them in the process of trying what I don’t fully grasp.

Have you tried reading the support article Brenty and I have linked? Are you getting stuck at a specific step in the guide?

Let me ask this: when I scan setup code it then fills in everything but master password. Does THAT password have to be the same as the one I use to unlock the one password app on that same phone?

Your old Master Password to unlock the app can be different from your new Master Password that protects your 1Password account, so what you are seeing can be normal, if you indeed created a new Master Password when you created your 1Password.com account.

This discussion has been closed.