Filling in a credit card form from a German shop doesn't work.

When checking out of https://www.thomannmusic.ch to pay for a purchase, filling in the credit card info via 1password doesn't work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:german credit card

Comments

• Hi @burnso! Could you tell please tell me a little bit more about how your setup? Which version of 1Password are you running, and are you using the traditional 1Password desktop extension or 1Password X (which doesn't rely on a desktop application)? I just tried filling a credit card, and everything but the expiry date filled appropriately. Does this match what you're seeing?

• burnso
    burnso
    Community Member

Sorry for not providing that info from the get go:
    1Password
    Version 6.8.9 (689000)
    Mac App Store
    OSX 10.13.6
    So, it's the traditional desktop extension.
    In my case only my name is filled in (but that may be via other browser wizardry ...)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @burnso,

Thank you for the confirmation. I have just tested this again with the traditional extension and I confirm that filling worked for me too (with the exception of the expiry date, as ag_mcarlyle wrote).

What browser are you currently using? For reference, I tested this with Chrome.

• burnso
    burnso
    Community Member

Version 74.0.3729.157 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Even when setting the language of the site to English (from German), not a single field of the credit card form gets filled in.
    Same behaviour with Opera Version:60.0.3255.95

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@burnso This can suggest that there is something wrong with this specific item. Can you please try creating a new credit card item (even with random data for now) and see if you are able to fill this new item on the same website?

• burnso
    burnso
    Community Member

I created a new credit card item. It's not filling in anything.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@burnso: if this is happening with every credit card item, are at least logins filled correctly when you try to login to any website, or is your 1Password extension not filling anything at all?

• burnso
    burnso
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

No, it's working fine for logins, it's just this credit card form.

• Hey again @burnso, I noticed above you're using 1Password 6.8.9 still. This release is over a year old at this point. The latest release (1Password 7, and in particular 7.3) contains the latest filling "brain" which brings many improvements to the intelligence and reliability of filling to all aspects of 1Password. Since things are working for both Ana and me, I would reckon that that difference is enough to explain the difference in our experiences here. You can sign up for a 30-day trial for 1Password.com if you'd like to give a 1Password membership and 1Password 7 a go. :smile:

• burnso
    burnso
    Community Member

How do I buy the upgrade Version 6.8.9 -> 7.3?
    How much is it?
    I DO NOT WANT A MEMBERSHIP
    Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@burnso: You can find the details in the announcement:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

The price is subject to change.

This discussion has been closed.