cannot see logins on firefox extension

Options
elguiri
elguiri
Community Member

I have just updated the OS on my iMac to 10.12.6 (Sierra). I reinstalled Firefox then installed 1Password 7 (previously I was using version 6 on OS 10.11 - El Capitan). I successfully recuperated all my data. I then installed the Firefox extension but it only shows a generic login option or a login for the page I am on if that's relevant. However, it does not show the list of logins for me to select which site to go to. Furthermore it does not auto-fill. It did, though, show a full list of logins the first time I used it and then nothing. I have tried reinstalling and restarting the computer but it does not seem to make any difference. Can you help?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

HI @elguiri! Welcome to the forum!

I then installed the Firefox extension but it only shows a generic login option or a login for the page I am on if that's relevant.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "generic login option"? Please feel free to upload a screenshot of it if you prefer.

However, it does not show the list of logins for me to select which site to go to.

The 1Password browser extension will show you just the logins for the website you are currently on. If you want to access other items, you need to use the search function in the extension. If you do that, are you able to view other items?

Furthermore it does not auto-fill.

What version of Firefox are you currently running?

• elguiri
    elguiri
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply! What I mean by a "generic" login is what you describe as the extension showing just the logins for the site you are currently on. Yes, it does show other logins when I use the search function. And when I say it does not auto-fill, what I mean is that it fills in the username and password but does not actually log me in - ie I then have to press the return key. The Firefox version is 67.0.2.
    What I really want is what I had in 1Password 6, which is what I have just come from. In fact, one of the main reasons for the global OS update was to use 1Password 7. What I liked in 1Password 6 was you could go to a site, then just press on the name and it would not only autofill but then log me in as well. That does not seem to be the case with 7. I have to press return.
    Furthermore in 6, you could hover over a "logins' option and ALL my logins would appear on the left. Instead of then digging out a bookmark, going to the site and then using 1Password and then having to press return (as is what appears to be the case with 7), with 6 I would only have to click on the login of the page I wanted to go to from the full list and that would take me automatically to the page, then autofill it and then log me in all in one beautiful sequence!
    So my question would be: can I set up 1Password 7 to do the same?? Thanks in advance for your time

• elguiri
    elguiri
    Community Member
    Options

OK - I've now found how to see all my logins... Apologies for not realising that there is drop-down menu below 'suggestions'. Is it possible to have 'all items' as the default?

I think the only other thing I'd still like to know is if the app can log me in as well as autofill the details...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@elguiri:

Thank you for the update! I am happy to hear you managed to sort things out already :)

Is it possible to have 'all items' as the default?

It will be very soon! You can read our developer's post about this here :)

I think the only other thing I'd still like to know is if the app can log me in as well as autofill the details...

This is now expected behavior: there was an update in macOS that removed the feature that allowed 1Password to also log you in after filling your details on a page. Therefore, 1Password can now only fill your items, but you need to let it know that you want to login by pressing the Enter key on your keyboard (that's the quickest way to do it).

Because of this, 1Password 7 does not have the capability to this either. Even if it had, it would stop working as soon as you updated your macOS version.

• elguiri
    elguiri
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that - will look forward to 7.3.1. Shame about the auto-login not being available on the newer macOS though...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@elguiri: agreed, it was easy to get used to the feature. But to be fair, since the information is filled by 1Password when you use the browser extension, pressing the Enter keyboard to login is something you get used to quite quickly :)

This discussion has been closed.