Firefox 1Password X doesn't shift keyboard focus if icon removed from toolbar

Options

When I press Ctrl - . to unlock 1Password X, keyboard input does not move to the 1Password X window so I can immediately input my Master Password. I have to manually click in the window. Sometimes I forget, and type my Master Password into the login window that prompted me to launch 1Password X, which is naturally a big problem!

After further investigation - this only happens when 1Password is removed from the Firefox toolbar and placed in the 'overflow' menu. It also causes the 1Password window to conform to the size of the Firefox pop-up menu, which looks awful and reduces functionality.

I'm happy to move the app back into the toolbar, but it is not obvious that moving it will cause problems (doesn't happen in Safari for macOS IIRC). Not sure if this is a Firefox bug or a 1Password X bug, but it's a weird one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.3
OS Version: Windows 10 1703
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, @AGBear.

Apparently, it's a bug from Firefox as explained in this thread, and it has to do in how the overflow menu works. As I'm not a 1Pass team member, this is as far as I can help you, so definitely wait for a response from them :chuffed:

Hope this helps!

• cecelia
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hey @AGBear! Thanks for reporting this. It is a weird bug. @arturoaubry is correct here. I'll quote jxpx777 from this thread since he said it so well:

Mozilla Bug #1373490 : "Webextension add-on popup/panel/subview size is not controllable when it is in the overflow/hamburger menu" sounds like what you're reporting.

"That being said, the overflow menu presents some other problems as well. For instance, even though Firefox allows us to programmatically show the popup, doing so doesn't work when the icon is in the overflow. This actually makes sense, but it also makes some things like our contextual menu and inline prompt to unlock somewhat nonsensical. I'm not sure where Mozilla stands on these nuances, but it seems clear to me that something like 1Password (rather than say Greasemonkey or and HTTPS Everywhere or another utility without as much user interface) is going to be more usable if it is not in the overflow menu."

Though we can't do much about popup resizability from the overflow menu, we do have an issue open to see if there's anything we can do to improve 1Password X behavior from the Firefox overflow menu. :)

ref: x/b5x#1302

This discussion has been closed.