iPassword 3, Agile and Mac keychain

lordderth
lordderth
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I have been using version 3 since it came out. I am wondering about the OS keychain. It has old entries for version 2. Can I just delete them from the OS keychain? Do I still need the OS Keychain at all?

Thanks for any help with these basics questions.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, lordderth! Yes, you still need your OS keychain. 1Password only interacts with your web browsers for filling forms online. The OS X keychain is the lingua franca for Mac developers to have their applications store sensitive data such as usernames and passwords. We don't want to replace this functionality. We want 1Password to be the lingua franca for how users interact with forms on the internet.

We don't generally recommend the deletion of any data unless absolutely necessary. That said, 1Password 3 no longer has any connection to your login keychain, with one exception: if you choose the "Never prompt for master password" option in 1Password's Preferences, it will store the master password in your login keychain.
  • lordderth
    lordderth
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for the quick reply. Just to clarify, anything in keychain with a 1password indicator can be deleted, correct?

Thanks!
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    While the answer to that should be "yes," I hesitate to make a general statement like that until we know exactly which items are in question.
  • Jazzyguy
    edited December 1969
    My 1 Password has disappeared from Safari5 andI can't get it back using Customize toolbar. I am using 10.5.8 (PPC)
  • Jazzyguy
    edited December 1969
    It is ok now. It reappeared in the tool bar. Why it went away I can't fathom.
  • Jazzyguy
    edited December 1969
    OK! I have localized the problem. When I am in itunes and I am using a script to launch Safari and find artwork for my CDs there is an open space where 1Password should be.If I launch safari independently 1Password is there. Can you figure this out?
  • Jazzyguy
    edited December 1969
    When I launch Safari by itself without iTunes running and then launch iTunes and run the script to get artwork the 1Password icon is there in the toolbar. If I launch iTunes and run the script to get Artwork the1Password icon disappears and there is an empty space where it should be.
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Wrong thread, Jazzyguy? :)
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    justG wrote:
    While the answer to that should be "yes," I hesitate to make a general statement like that until we know exactly which items are in question.

I found several such "leftovers" from earlier versions of 1Password in my keychain and got the same prudent answer in another thread. Having said that, I deleted them all without any consequences that I've ever detected.
  • Jazzyguy
    edited December 1969
    sjk wrote:
    Wrong thread, Jazzguy? :)
    Maybe so but it's Jazzyguy not jazzguy.We all make mistakes don't we?
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Just to be clear on this subject.

sjk was in fact asking "maybe wrong thread ? smiley was just a friendly thought"

We always try to keep a friendly atmosphere around here you will notice a lot of smilies when people think maybe there post could be misread and insert the smiles to show that it was not an ill intended remark. Hope that helps.

And to your question, YES I DO a lot just ask the wife, and here honey do list. If she could keep me off here (and the dropbox forums), long enough I would get a lot more done around the house. :)
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Jazzyguy wrote:
    Maybe so but it's Jazzyguy not jazzguy.

Whoops. Typo's fixed in my post.

We all make mistakes don't we?

Indeed.
This discussion has been closed.