To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password.com page scrolls to top after copying field

juliohcs
juliohcs
Community Member

Whenever there's a 1password entry that needs scrolling, after the user selects/copies a field, the page will go back to the beginning of the page.
I have tried this on the desktop app for Mac and also the google chrome browser plugin and does not reflect the same behavior.
This behavior was also not present about 3 weeks ago, it just started happening recently.
Any insight you can provide will be highly appreciated.

1Password Version: web
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password.com

Comments

• Hey @juliohcs! Welcome to the forum. :smile: Could you please tell me a little bit more about what exactly you're doing, and where things are going wrong?

First off, are you using 1Password mini with the standard extension, or are you using 1Password X? Secondly, when you say "the page goes back to the beginning of the page", are you referring to the website (page), or are you referring to something in 1Password itself? And are you filling entries using Autofill, or are you manually copying and pasting values into the website?

The more details you can give me, or even screenshots if they don't contain personal information, the more I'll be able to understand the scenario at hand and help better. :smile:

• juliohcs
    juliohcs
    Community Member

Hi @ag_mcarlyle we are using 1Password for web (I assume this is 1Password X)
    For your second question, i am referring to the website (page). This happens when you manually click copy on an item from the website (not autofilling), immediately after clicking copy the page will return to top/beginning of the 1password entry.
    A screenshot won't really be helpful in our case since it won't capture the screen movement but let me know if there's a different way that i can attach/send a small video with dummy information.

• ag_michaelc
    edited August 2019

Ah, got it! You're referring to accessing your data on 1Password.com, like this, right?

I'm seeing this same behavior, so I'll let our developers know about it! :smile:

ref: b5/b5#6045

• juliohcs
    juliohcs
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_mcarlyle !! Yes, this is exactly what i was referring to.
    I am glad you were able to replicate, hoping to get this working as expected soon.

• Thanks for confirming. :)

Ben

• juliohcs
    juliohcs
    Community Member

Hello all, I just received confirmation from users that the issue has been fixed. The page is no longer scrolling to the top when an entry is copied. Thank you for taking care of this!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@juliohcs - glad to hear it! :) You're quite welcome.

This discussion has been closed.