How to find all entries with 2fa stored

Hiya, hoping there is a way to search the windows app to find any entries that have 2fa configured/stored in 1password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2019

Hi @dfects,

Thanks for writing in.

Not yet but we do plan to add an advanced search feature to let you find specific fields such as all 2FA fields.

ref: opw/opw#2774

• Dfects
    Dfects
    Community Member

Any movement on this? I really want to migrate my 2fa codes out of 1password but I can't find them all easily atm!

• Nothing as yet, @Dfects. Do you happen to use a particular label for you 2FA codes? I'm personally not terribly consistent, so I'm the worst ever example, but if you search for the text of your label, it should narrow things down fairly well. Personally, I'd have to do a few – OTP, TOTP, 2FA, just to name a few – but if you're more consistent than I am, this may be a better option for you. It might end up not being totally exhaustive, because in making sure this is possible I found that we actually aren't indexing the automatically-created one-time password label we introduced in a prior update, but it should get you off to a good start for the moment and will capture any labels you created. :+1:

• Dfects
    Dfects
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I've only been using 1Password for 6 months or so, and sadly all of my 2fa codes are most likely under "one-time password" as I've added them all in pretty much the same way. I have a new yubikey and backup, but remembering which of the hundreds of services I have use 2fa stored in 1password is not going to be easy. Real shame there isn't a way to do this as its going to cost a lot of my time 😥

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dfects: I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. Can you clarify? I can definitely understand the need to easily find Logins which support two-factor authentication but do not have it enabled, and Watchtower offers that. Why do you need/want to find Logins that already have two-factor enabled? You could always tag those with something like TOTP to make them easy to find. I'm just trying to understand the benefit.

• Dfects
    Dfects
    Community Member

Sure. So currently I use 2FA for almost everything that supports it directly in 1password. When I entered them, I didn't add any extra tags as I didn't really need to and tbh I would of assumed i could search on any field/label.

I want to put the 2 factor auth back into my 2fa/mfa/otp's by using a hardware key to generate the codes (yubikey). The problem is, I don't know of every service I have in 1password that actually has 2FA setup in 1Password, so I'm trying to find them all out of the hundreds of details I have stored. I really don't fancy having to trawl through them all one by one to see so I was hoping there was a search I could do to find them.

Hopefully that clears it up.

• What other devices do you use 1Password with, @Dfects? Search is one of those things that is probably less consistent than others due to the varying tools different OSes offer to help, so depending on your ecosystem, there may be a better option than using your Windows app.

• Dfects
    Dfects
    Community Member

That would be android and Windows 10 at the moment. I can boot into a unix environment if its easier there, or try 1password X/web.

• So I checked Android, web and 1Password X without luck, @Dfects – none show my test item when I search the default label – but 1Password for Mac has an advanced search option that does do exactly what you want:

https://support.1password.com/search-1password/#search-options

Specifically, you do a search of All Items where 2FA is present without any specific text in the search field. I know booting into a unix environment doesn't necessarily mean you can run Mac apps, but in diving in, that's the only app I've found able to do this as it stands.

• Dfects
    Dfects
    Community Member

Wow, thank you for your help but that is pretty disappointing to be honest. Feature disparity across platforms is one of the main reasons I left evernote behind. I can understand it for mobile versions, but for your desktop apps that's pretty frustrating when all users have to pay the same fee.

I could probably borrow one of the testing mac's from my work, but as its not under my control I don't feel safe doing so.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dfects,

I can totally understand where you are coming from! The thing is that 1Password 7 for Windows is a huge undertaking (we are building it from the ground up) and I agree that we still have a lot of catching up to do there. At the moment we bumped into some unexpected difficulties, so it slowed us down, but we have no intention to stop. Please stay tuned for our future updates and more news.

If you have any other questions, feel free to raise them. We are here for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.