Having CSV import/export issues with 1P Windows app. CSV file won't import correctly into new 1P.com

Hi,
I'm trying to export my 1P data from a Windows app 7.3.684 and then import theCSV into a brand new 1P.com account. The problem is that the values are getting imported into my new 1P.com account only as plain "field". The titles are all "Login".

If I look at one of my CSV files that I export out of my 1P Windows app, the beginning of the file looks like:
ainfo,autosubmit,email,notesPlain,password,scope,tags,title,urls,uuid

So it seems like when I try to import into the 1P.com new account, it's not recognizing the CSV headings and just imports it all as basic "field". Or it's not arranging them correctly or something.

This is a HUGE problem right now because I changed my password on my iPhone this morning, but when I went in to my account on my work computer, the password didn't work, and now i can't get back into my iPhone 1P account either. So I apparently don't know my Master Pwd anymore. So I was able to still get into the 1P Windows app on my personal computer using the old pwd and have tried to export everything and just import it into the new 1P.com account, but it's not importing correctly.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you in advance!

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• I'd not recommend exporting and importing in this case, @pixel41. Exporting is meant to get your data out of 1Password entirely, so it's designed to be pretty generic and a good baseline for being imported into and read by other password managers, but it does not import back into 1Password well at all. When moving from one account or vault in 1Password to another, it's best to do so in the 1Password app itself. Am I correct in understanding that you're still able to access your data in 1Password on your PC? If so:

1. Sign in to your new account in your Windows app.
    2. Move or copy your data from wherever it's living now into your new account within 1Password.

Once you've done that, you can sign out of the old account (or remove your old standalone vault) as the case may be to get rid of any duplicates. On other devices, you can start over completely and just sign in to the new account and your data will be waiting for you.

Of course, if you need to import the CSV specifically for any reason, it can be modified so that it will import better and I'd be happy to help with that, but it would be a much better experience to move items within the app if that's an option for you. :+1:

• pixel41
    pixel41
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Thanks @bundtkate . You are correct in that I can still access my data on my PC but that's only because I unplugged it from internet before turning it on and then logged into the Windows app using the old password. So I'm currently in the old 1Password.com account in my Windows app.
    You suggest signing in to my new account in my Windows app, but if I do that, I won't be able to log into my old 1P account anymore since i'll have to log out of the old account I've got open.
    Does that make sense? Am I following you correctly?

• You don't need to sign out of the old one, @pixel41. You can be signed in to multiple accounts at once. If you add that account to your app as described in the link, both should be available at once.

• pixel41
    pixel41
    Community Member

@bundtkate you are a lifesaver! Thank you so much.

• It's no trouble at all, @pixel41! I hope everything goes smoothly with the switch, but if you have any questions as you're getting all of your devices on board, just let me know. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.