slow syncing between windows and non-windows

rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member
edited June 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I updated two passwords on my MacBook pro. The updates were synced to my desktop and iOS devices quickly. However, the windows device has yet to show the changed after 24 hours.

I have latest version of mac/ios/windows os's and have a 1p account.

Any way to speed this up?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• In order to diagnose a sync issue, we'd really need to look at some diagnostics from your PC. These are most commonly the result of network troubles or controls on your devices like an anti-virus or firewall, but the only way to know for sure is to take a peek. To that end, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Don't post your diagnostics here, but do attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include link to this thread. That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. For bonus points, you can post that number here. That way, I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :+1:

Thanks!

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

[#CKE-75245-641]

• Thanks so much, @rlgleason51! I've found your e-mail and will dive in and get back to you as soon as I'm done with my rounds in the forum. :chuffed:

ref: #CKE-75245-641

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

thanks

• :chuffed: :+1:

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Update to [#CKE-75245-641]: (I have 1p on a MacBook pro, iMac desktop, iPhone and iPad. Macs have both mac and windows versions).

An hour ago I updated two passwords on my MacBook pro. The changes have shown up on all of my devices except my MacBook pro windows, even my desktop windows. Note, my macs windows have same configuration of parallels.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Just to clarify, it's one Windows machine that you're having this problem on now, or more than one? And are they all running in VMs, or is there an actual PC in there as well?

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

[#CKE-75245-641]

Sorry for the confusion. I have two Macs: one is a MacBook Pro, the other is an iMac. Both are running parallels VM and windows 10, build 1903. Both are inning the latest released versions of macOS.

I am only having the issue of slow syncing on the MacBook Pro.

• I took a peek at your diagnostics, @rlgleason51, and figured I'd go ahead and reply here since I don't have a definitive answer just yet. I see a number of times where your network is dropping throughout the day on that MBP. Since the MBP itself is syncing fine, this smells like possibly a network setting in Parallels. I have some memories of a teammate of mine helping me with a similar issue in Parallels so I've dropped him a line to see if he can jog my memory. I think there was a specific network settings geared towards saving battery or something similar that turned out to be the trouble. If he has suggestions, I'll be sure to share them with you via reply to your diagnostics e-mail. :+1:

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Thanks.

• :chuffed: :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not going to pretend to be a Parallels networking expert, but I did have similar issues a while back. I recall that changing some of the settings of the network adapter helped...but I can't recall what exactly, and looking at it again now it appears to me to be set to defaults. Not sure what happened. I know this is the same VM, but perhaps they changed some things in updates. I think what Kate mentioned was related to that (though I know she wasn't thinking of me -- pretty sure I'd discussed it with others at the time too).

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51: I can see that you replied to us via email, so let's continue our conversation there. Thank you! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.