Can you tell me how to start syncing an exitsing 1Password vault to Dropbox?

Can you tell me how to start syncing an exitsing 1Password vault to Dropbox?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How can I set up an exitsing vault to sync via ~dropbox?

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

Hey, @DQuixote.

Although I'm not a 1Pass team member, I think you can take a look at this support page where it's explained how to Sync to Dropbox.

Hope it helps!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DQuixote,

Just a heads-up: if you created a 1Password account, you do not need to set up sync via third-party service. The sync should be seamless for you, so all you need to do on a new device is to download 1Password app and sign in to your account. It is that simple.

Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Mcinab
    Mcinab
    Community Member

I am having this issue as well between my Mac/iOS devices and my PC. When I add my 1Password account to my iOS devices I now have duplicate log-ins for each website which I do not want, can anyone help out with this? I just want to be able to update information on once device and have it sync across all my platforms.

• It sounds to me like you've got yourself in a state where you're already somewhat out of sync across devices, @Mcinab, so I'm somewhat reluctant to give you any specific advice here without some additional detail lest you end up losing data along the way. To start, is any one of your devices completely up to date with all of your most recent data? Knowing where the good data is will help give us a better starting point here. :+1:

• djwslc
    djwslc
    Community Member

Can I still CHOOSE to have a vault in Dropbox as well as my info in the 1Password vault? In other words can I do both? Thanks.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@djwslc: While you can create a standalone vault in addition to your 1Password account, I would not recommend doing so. This local vault will not be synced to your 1Password account (you will have to maintain it manually) and you will see duplicate items, if you select All Vaults in 1Password.

Is there a particular reason why you want to do that? Please let us know and we will help. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• djwslc
    djwslc
    Community Member

I was thinking I could have a vault for passwords synced via Dropbox and my family vault we share via 1Password sync.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @djwslc,

When you have a family account, you have a Private vault for your passwords and other items. Other members of your family account do not have access to it, so you do not need to keep a separate standalone vault for it. You can learn more about family accounts on our website:

About 1Password Families

I hope it helps. If you have other questions, feel free to raise them. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• Mcinab
    Mcinab
    Community Member

I believe all my good data is on my Windows PC, should I delete my account on my Mac and iOS devices and then sign into my 1Password account on those devices?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mcinab - that's exactly the right course of action. If you're certain that your 1password.com account contains a complete and up-to-date copy of your data, then Start Over on your other devices. When you re-launch 1Password, it will be as if you are a new user; just sign into your 1password.com account, and you'll have the same data everywhere, synced seamlessly.

• Mcinab
    Mcinab
    Community Member

Sounds great, thanks! I'll give that a try!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mcinab - :) :+1: Let us know if you run into any difficulties or have follow-up questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.