Not able to login to Twitter App on Windows 10 [1Password can fill in browsers using the extension]

Options
Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When you launch the twitter app and try to fill in the PW using 1PW, the menu comes up on Ctrl+\ but it doesn't fill up the login and pw. Is it known limitation as I have not really searched the forum first, sorry?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Abhijit: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password can only integrate with browsers which offer an extension API we can use. Other software doesn't offer this, so it will often be necessary to copy and paste. I hope this helps. :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry! My expectations are touching the sky :-) And where ever I see login PW I remember 1Password without remembering it's limitations. Thanks for keeping me grounded Brenty!

Thanks,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem. Honestly, I was really hoping Apple would announce an Autofill API for macOS this year like they did on iOS last year, as that might inspire Microsoft to do something similar on Windows. We'll both have to keep dreaming for now, but maybe someday we will have our wish. Cheers! :chuffed:

• MikeT
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi guys,

@Abhijit, the plan is for us to implement the Auto-Type feature, that'll allow you to use the shortcut to have 1Password automatically type the username/password for you in the third party apps. We have this in 1Password 4 but it hasn't been implemented for 1Password 7 yet.

For now, you can bring up 1Password mini via Control + Alt + \ and right-click on your Twitter to use Copy > Type in Window to paste in some of the fields quickly. Make sure you focus the username first in Twitter before you ask 1Password to type it in. This basic feature will evolve into Auto-Type to connect the Login item to your app and then automate all fields for you.

@brenty,

Honestly, I was really hoping Apple would announce an Autofill API for macOS this year

A form of it is coming as part of Project Catalyst, Catalyst apps can use auto-fill but it is limited to iCloud Keychain since there are no ported password managers available yet, like the first version of Autofill API on iOS. Hopefully, the second version with third party app support is coming next year.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Great inputs!
    So it is Ctrl+Alt+. Now first thing is I have to search for twitter in the 1Password Mini. And then though the focus is in the username filed the type it in is grayed out. Please review.

Thanks, Abhijit

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Abhijit,

My apologies, I tested my Twitter app but it wasn't the Twitter app from Microsoft Store. Microsoft Store/UWP apps currently do not show up in Type in Window list, it is something we will try to add in a future update.

It does work if you save/install the web site as a web app via Chrome or Chromium-based Edge like this:

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Mike! You are always on TOP of functionalities and product and do know the clear roadmap.

As my last post also I will request you all great people to please come up with Tips and Tricks section or video's to the 1PAssword community at large.

Also do please prioritize the feature "Auto-Type feature," for 1Password 7 for windows. I can not tell you how much this will help.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We really want Auto-Type too. We've got a lot of important stuff in the works at the moment that needs our attention, and we can't prioritize Auto-Type above all else, but it's definitely on our agenda. :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty as always! Oh.. sure I didn't mean prioritize above all else but just prioritize!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I wish we could prioritize it more right now. :lol: I really, really want that feature myself! We'll get to it. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.