Printing password list

Options
Phil69
Phil69
Community Member

Can I print all of my passwords at one time?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Phil69

The short answer is no, not with 1Password for iOS. That said, I'd like to better understand why you would like to do so, so that I might be able to point you in the direction of a solution that we do support.

We typically recommend against printing 1Password data. The type of information stored in 1Password tends to be fairly dynamic which means frequent printing is required in order to keep a paper copy up to date. In addition strings of text stored can be quite long (e.g. URLs, long passwords). It just isn't very efficient. Some folks seem to think that a paper copy is going to be a good backup solution, but can you imagine actually restoring your data from scratch that way? I don't know about you but I've got over 1000 items. My fingers would bleed before I got everything typed back in, not to mention the time that would be required to do that. I don't know of any upcoming changes in this regard but I really wouldn't be surprised if future versions of 1Password did not support printing at all, and as such I'll be surprised if it gets much development attention now.

If your intention is to use paper as a backup I'd strongly suggest that you reconsider, and instead think about a digital backup strategy:

1Password backups

If there is another reason, please let me know, and I'd be happy to see if there is something I can recommend.

Ben

• Phil69
    Phil69
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I plan on getting a new phone and due to a previous issue with backing up my password list prior to purchasing a new iPhone XS Max I am unsure what would happen if the new phone didn’t bridge over the password app with all the data!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Phil69: If you're using a 1Password membership account and have your data stored there, all you need to do is sign into it on another device to access it.

If you are not using a membership, you can manually save a backup of your 1Password data: https://support.1password.com/backups/?ios#you-can-also-create-and-restore-backups-of-local-vaults

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.