New Windows Beta Update?

Options
soundstorm17
soundstorm17
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello, There are no Bate updates for a long time. When we will get a new one? The last one was in April.
Will there be a release soon?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @soundstorm17,

Thanks for checking in on us!

We know everyone's getting a bit anxious about the next major update, it has been a while.

Right now, we're working hard on 1Password 7.4 but it is a major under-the-hood type of update that has an impact on everything 1Password does; so it is going to take longer than usual to finish. We'll keep shipping smaller updates like we did with the last two 7.3 updates as we need to but we don't have an ETA on when the first 1Password 7.4 beta is coming; it is definitely this year is all we can confirm.

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Mike. Cann;t wait.

• Neither can we, @r1ma. In fact, I may be driving Mike a bit nuts at this point nagging him for updates. Thankfully, he's unendingly patient with me and has tolerated my lack of patience with utmost grace. My anxiousness sadly can't make things go any faster, but I'm definitely right there with you in excitedly looking forward to the next big thing. Fingers crossed we see it soon. :chuffed:

• soundstorm17
    soundstorm17
    Community Member
    Options

Any news regarding the beta?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi,

There's nothing to share at the moment and we don't release any details including timeframes before the next beta is released.

We will post an announcement thread here about the new version when it is out.

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate @MikeT Thank you. Today I noticed a new beta is out for Windows:
    7.3.700.BETA (build #700) – released 2019-07-05
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6
    For the New feature, it says this:
    "Added support for an upcoming feature with 1Password memberships. Stay tuned for more details."

Can you please give us a single tiny detail of what kind of new upcoming feature, we would have for 1P?

• MikeT
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi @r1ma,

We've pulled the update as there was some issues. We'll be releasing a new update soon.

Can you please give us a single tiny detail of what kind of new upcoming feature, we would have for 1P?

Nope, we can't say what it is yet. I can explain why though; whenever we have a new "cross-platform" feature, we have to wait to add it to all applications first, then wait for everyone to have these updates and then we can flip the switch on for that feature. In other words, it is not really going to work until all apps are updated first.

This discussion has been closed.