Lost iPhone when abroad

obsidian2
obsidian2
Community Member

If my iPhone is lost or stolen on holiday how can I access my passwords to login to iCloud to use "Find my phone" with no access to "1Password" on my Macs at home?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:If my iPhone is lost or stolen on holiday how can I access my passwords to login to iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2019

Hi @obsidian2

For the setup that you've described the only solution I could imagine off-hand would be to either wait until you get back home where you can access your Mac with 1Password on it, or if you've memorized your Apple ID / iCloud credentials you may be able to purchase a new Apple device and access Find My Phone from that.

I would recommend against logging into your Apple ID or any other accounts from public / untrusted devices.

Ben

• obsidian2
    obsidian2
    Community Member

Hi Ben

Yes I thought about a new Apple device and I take your point about using a public device but you can use the "Find my phone" app on another trusted Apple device but you still need access to "1Password" or change the password to something more memorable than the generated password or write it down both of which are less secure.

Paul

• @obsidian2

The 1Password password generator does offer a "words" option for passwords that need to be memorized or typed. That may help with something like this.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.