Phone app freezes if fingerprint unlock is enabled

MacPhyle
MacPhyle
Community Member

I've become so dependent on fingerprint unlock that I reallllly hope this gets fixed soon. Whether the problem is with the latest version of Android (version 9, security patch level June 5, 2019) or with the latest 1Password build (I'm up to date with version 7.1.5 of the Android app) - whichever of those things is the cause, I don't know, but I have narrowed down my problem to the fingerprint unlock in 1Password. Here's what happens: when fingerprint unlocked is enabled, I can't call out. If I try to make a call in my phone app (the stock Android phone app), the whole phone freezes. I can't even force quit the app - I'll get a message offering to let me force quit, but even that dialog is frozen, and I just have to force a hard restart. On restarting, I couldn't just uncheck fingerprint unlock in the settings - calling out would still freeze. I had to clear data for the app and sign in again. Now everything works without the fingerprint unlock, but I really want that back! Please fix!

1Password Version: 7.1.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9, security patch level June 5, 2019
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Hi @MacPhyle. Thanks for reporting this strange behavior. I have to say this is the first time I've heard of anything like this happening, and I'm not seeing it on my end. I'm curious if it has something to do with the update to Android 9 on your device. Can you let me know what device you're using?

• MacPhyle
    MacPhyle
    Community Member

Guess I need to update. Since I put in this bug report, I've been having other problems, on the same device and not on other devices, and no problems with 1Password on the other devices, though the phone is the only one on Android 9. It's now so bad that I can't even call out because no one can hear me, even though I've reset the phone and it's in safe mode. I've been all over this with support, and they've finally given up. So I'm trading the phone in for an upgrade. I no longer think this is a 1Password problem - hopefully things will be better when I get my Pixel 3A. Thanks for your help, Peri :)

• Thank you for the update, @MacPhyle. I'm sorry to hear about all of the trouble with your device! I hope you like the new Pixel 3a though! Let me know if you notice any further strangeness with 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.